My buddy and I launched out of Bear Creek for a quick 1-2 hour evening trip on Wednesday 7/14 at 6:00 PM.

We got set up in 200 FOW and worked 180-220 FOW all night. I received good AM information from my buddy who fished out of Sodus and he said he was doing well in that range. Temp was high and we were marking fishing mostly high from 60-30 down.

We ended up 3 for 4 on Kings with minimal effort in 1.5 hours- the fishing is HEATING up. The first fish came on a Black Magic Spoon down 80 and was a 1.5 year old.

The second and third fish came on the diver out 150 feet on a 2 setting with an E-Chip Green dot flasher and an A-TOM-MIK Glo Stud Fly. These fish both weighed in around 21 pounds.

The fourth fish hit as we were taking pictures of our fish and we lost it right at the back of the boat. The fish hit a Moonshine Crab Face free slider on a 50 rigger. All in all, great night out on the lake! You can’t beat nights like these after work!

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2645.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 6

Awesome work!! Nothing beats those short trips where you get on them quick and efficiently without a whole day if messing around. Good to hear reports of a nice evening bite taking place… sucks getting up at 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Evenings are the way to go! Great fishing going on!

So I'm going to be fishing out of Wilson all next week... what would you guys recommend -- fish 6-10 in the morning rest up then back out 5-9?   Obviously wind/weather permitting

• Like 1

So I'm going to be fishing out of Wilson all next week... what would you guys recommend -- fish 6-10 in the morning rest up then back out 5-9?   Obviously wind/weather permitting

That’s recommended yes. 10-2pm is typically my slowest fishing. Although that time slot has its moments.