Rubber bands

We use rubber bands on our releases when we are walleye fishing because it's nice to be able to watch the stretch for small fish.  Also use them for fixed cheaters on the riggers.  The problem im having is because we use such light rubber bands and 30lb braid mainline the braid tends to just slide through the rubber band.  Wondered if anyone has had the same issue and has come up with a solution.  I've tried clinching the half hitch tighter to the point of almost breaking the rubber band and no help, tried loops in the line but the loop just untwists and spins the rubber band.   It makes it difficult to pop a planer release to switch baits around 

We use rubber bands on our releases when we are walleye fishing because it's nice to be able to watch the stretch for small fish.  Also use them for fixed cheaters on the riggers.  The problem im having is because we use such light rubber bands and 30lb braid mainline the braid tends to just slide through the rubber band.  Wondered if anyone has had the same issue and has come up with a solution.  I've tried clinching the half hitch tighter to the point of almost breaking the rubber band and no help, tried loops in the line but the loop just untwists and spins the rubber band.   It makes it difficult to pop a planer release to switch baits around 

What kind of braid? Certain brands tend to be pretty slick… try kast king. I’ve noticed it’s not as slick and a good value

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've tried the loop, it just untwists and spins the rubber band.  I will try a double half hitch and see if that works.  I was doing a half hitch, then over hand knotting the rubber band around the braid and even that was slipping through.  I believe this is cabelas ripcord or some other power pro knock off.  30 lb 

Are you putting the half hitch in the loop? You have to have a couple of twist in the line.
I’ve done this a couple thousand times running big boards, it works 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United