Cayuga 7/15 report

Launched from my ramp at my house and headed to center of lake where I saw most boats set up. Got set up around 530pm. Marked tons of fish but not a bite for over an hour. Headed back towards shore. Once I got back into around 90 feet the thermocline was set up around 55 down and was 55 degrees there. 65 got you into the 40s. Had a fish take a 8 color but spit the hook. Then had a 5 color go off and got a 16 inch rainbow. A few lakers hit downriggers and a dipsy set out 200 feet on setting one with a black ice. Black ice seemed to be the key tonight as it took every laker we got except one mixed veggies. We took a turn to start heading out deep again after things slowed down and I bumped speed up so my fish hawk said we were doing 2.8 on the ball. The outside board went ripping! 5 color lead took a 23 inch rainbow! That lure had to of been doing over 3 mph. Every laker we got wanted the fish hawk speed over 2.5 and even some 2.8. Very weird night to say the least. Ended with 5 lakers and 2 rainbows. Fleas were non existent

33 hydrasport

• Like 4

Had a good day yesterday at Cayuga 

fished from 8am till 2pm found most of the fish at 100 to 145 fow

fish seemed to hit anything green liked the (gin and tonic) and  (cant afford it) also did very well on some homemade flies. 

Ran dipseys around 100'to 200' out and cannon balls down 90' to 120' down speeds around 1.9 to 2.3.

• Like 1

Had a good day yesterday at Cayuga 
fished from 8am till 2pm found most of the fish at 100 to 145 fow
fish seemed to hit anything green liked the (gin and tonic) and  (cant afford it) also did very well on some homemade flies. 
Ran dipseys around 100'to 200' out and cannon balls down 90' to 120' down speeds around 1.9 to 2.3.

Did you get any silver fish? Or just all lakers

33 hydrasport

classic case of the hunter becomes the hunted thats a crazy amount of fry in its stomach judging by the level of digestion  looks like they all gotten at the same time how have the weed mats been ive fished there in the past this time of year and its almost impossible to avoid them 

classic case of the hunter becomes the hunted thats a crazy amount of fry in its stomach judging by the level of digestion  looks like they all gotten at the same time how have the weed mats been ive fished there in the past this time of year and its almost impossible to avoid them 

Only thing floating yesterday was in the scum lines. Leaves, sticks and seaweed. Stay out of the scum lines and boards stayed clean as a whistle

33 hydrasport
  • Like 1