for sale : usa Looking for rod holders

man i'm telling you now you'll never regret getting cannon ratcheting rod holders if you can come up with the money. i gave the last tight lock holders away after getting my cannon holders. i've tried traxstech holders but the one hand operating of the cannon brought me back. i like the single axis the best. hodgesmarine.com has the single axis for 76.00 and the double axis for 88.00 and then you'll need tracks. get the longest track that will fit your boat and budget. i used tight lock and many other holders over the yrs but these are simply the best of the ratcheting holders and my choice over all holders. if you cant get all you want now get what you can. but get longer tracks so yo can add more holders later. you can get cheaper but i don't believe you can get better.

I use to use cheap flush mount rod holders for everything. For under 100 you could get 8 metal rod holders for board rods and storage. I had hand crank riggers on gimbel mounts that slid into them. Only the diver needs a good rod holder. Even the tite locks you need to keep your drags lighter or you will eventually strip the aluminum washers. I don't like the rod trees but another option for a cheap setup......someone here has something collecting dust somewhere. What kind of boat are you rigging?

55 minutes ago, CCFishmen said:

20 foot Crestliner n thanks for the info on the Cannon holders highly considering going that route

i know its probably a little more than you want to spend but you wont regret getting them. i got a 24" track and 3 holders for each side. with 3 daiwa sg17lca reels it was tight so i ended up getting another 24" track for each side. now i have plenty of room but would have saved money if i had went 48" to start with. but you can get 2 holders and a 24" track to start then if you get more holders later and need more track you can just add more track.

FWIW, Bert's makes a lexan version of their rod holder. They are better than the Scotty's, but def not Cannon,etc. They work really well for planer board rods. They go into position with two hands, but come up with only a one handed pull upward. They fit in all tracks. I use them for planer board rods and holding rods while underway only. I also use the Cannons for my dipsy rods. I thought heavy duty holders for planer rods was a waste of money, so I max and matched my set up and really like it. I included a not so great pic to kinda show what I am talking about. IMG_20210705_152313_018.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I guess what I am saying is that it may be more critical to put on more backing than the actual pound test of the backing because in a pinch the increased amount of line may buy you time to chase down a big unruly fish while even if you have a 45 lb copper and 50 lb backing there can still be weak links in your system so having ample line length may be the critical factor.