Mexico 7/17. Best day on the lake.

What a day!  Started in front of the plant on the bouey line with a spoon spread for browns. Took two skipper kings from 5:30-6:30 and started trollin north to get a litlle deeper and deploy a king spread.  Hit 120fow and pulled short coppers and 10 color and had 3 skipper browns taggin along. Bit disappointing but proceded north to 160fow and things got crazy.  Deep meat 107down with white casper kingfisher/white glow a-tom-mik meat rig started doin damage followed by glo bullfrog kingfisher/ a-tom-mik glo frog meat rig down 90.  Then 400 and 450 coppers with 42nd spin doctor with fly and glo frog spin doctor/meat rig both fire.  Stayed trolling a 1/4mile stretch back and forth and hit the clicker 19 times for bites landing 17 of them.  Had 1 quad landing a 21lb 19lb 18lb and skipper and a few doubles. Not bad for the just havin the wife and I on the boat.  We called it quits at 10:30.  By far my best day for kings yet on the big pond.  
   Gonna try for a morning trip in the morning but weather isn’t lookin to great. 

D52886B5-48A1-47D9-BE33-B04143041AA3.jpeg

EE6D9B06-410D-4CA3-B1D9-C0A13B87A3FC.jpeg

A2E052F8-459D-4869-856C-B401533C29D8.jpeg

BE214B74-405E-4497-B529-6EA1BFE5502E.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 12

19 minutes ago, WalleyeLJ said:

Hachimo, 

That is AMAZING!!! Congrats to you and your wife. What a day! We've gone 6/6 and 6/7, never hooked up more than that. Gives me a bit of hope for our trip in September! 

L.J.

Came close hitting these kinda numbers in late August/September but never in July.  And the size! Seen 3 kings out of mexico over 26lbs today.  Only talked with a handfull of guys this afternoon.  Setting up to be a great September 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newmike said:

Thanks for the report, you're making me optimistic After some dismally small reports

Last two weeks been on the slow side.  Usually 2-3 fish per day but with the heavy west blow the last few days things definitely changed for the better. My neighbor in the slip next to me went 25/30 yesterday

• Like 1

Didn’t make it out today. Drove upriver to Mexico state launch to check the lake at 5:00am and she was angry! 3-6’s and a chance of building.  Gonna spend some time today doin work around the camper and scrubbin blood of the boat deck. 

Heck of a great day Mike. I guess all your "improvements" over the past couple years paid off (I still laugh thinking about the pic of your wife with the new downriggers in the cart:lol: cool!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Heck of a great day Mike. I guess all your "improvements" over the past couple years paid off (I still laugh thinking about the pic of your wife with the new downriggers in the cart:lol: cool!

Thank you Les,

This is my 5th season and learned alot over there years, really came a long way becouse of the advice from fellas like u