Straight out north currently. 120FOW headed East. SOG 2.7, speed at the ball is 2.2. Worked between 150 and 120 FOW. No fish yet, some bait closer to 150FOW but small schools. Temp at 69ft down is 41.8deg. Looks like everyone is east of us.

• Like 3

hey Cody nice to see we weren't the only ones struggling in the eastern basin fished yesterday from daylight until 1 had one screamer lost about 30 feet from the boat ugh then 1 tripped rigger with no fish couldn't get out of the low 40s for a temp seemed like the entire water column was the same temp down to 90  fow as high up as 40  good luck

• Like 1

hey Cody nice to see we weren't the only ones struggling in the eastern basin fished yesterday from daylight until 1 had one screamer lost about 30 feet from the boat ugh then 1 tripped rigger with no fish couldn't get out of the low 40s for a temp seemed like the entire water column was the same temp down to 90  fow as high up as 40  good luck

It was tough. We stayed out until 2:30. Worked into 90FOW right of of Mexico and found some bait, marks and temp. We could watch the streaks on the sonar looking at our stuff but no takers. Tomorrow is another day. We stopped and picked up some herring for the meat rigs. Headed west right away and going from there.

Thanks for all the info.  This past Saturday 2.8 downspeed was the ticket.  Anything slower and didn’t move a rod.  All 19 bites i had came when downspeed was 2.8. And on meat rigs and 4-5 on FF. Ran two spoons for 30min without a knockoff.  Had to play with both motors and bags to get speed right due to currents but when i did all hell would break loose.  The past few weeks prior all my hits came at slower speeds 2.1-2.3Amazing how it changes day to day.  Good luck with you next trip. Tight lines. 

• Like 1