Best port on south shore for fall kings

Heading to Lake O this fall hoping to get into some staging kings. Is the east end primarily better this time of year? I have fished the west end a few times in the fall and always hear talk of it not being what it used to be. Travelling from central PA so its about the same distance to most ports on the south shore. 

im no expert but was up at the salmon river labor day weekend years ago  they were already in the river i know its more about temps and water level  for staging fish your better off mid till end of aug  by sept they are making the run and once they turn in the river not very good eating you want them fresh still in the lake

• Like 2

im no expert but was up at the salmon river labor day weekend years ago  they were already in the river i know its more about temps and water level  for staging fish your better off mid till end of aug  by sept they are making the run and once they turn in the river not very good eating you want them fresh still in the lake

Some may have been in the river but the majority never run till October

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Some may have been in the river but the majority never run till October

Even in the lake , when they turn dark and start to Kype , the eating quality goes down the tubes. Back in the lake they go

1 hour ago, chinook35 said:

Even in the lake , when they turn dark and start to Kype , the eating quality goes down the tubes. Back in the lake they go

no my brother was standing on the bridge said the hole river was covered he was able to see my spoon