Wilson/Olcott 7/25 - 7/30

If anyone wants to collaborate, I will be fishing out of Wilson this week... I'll be happy to share our experiences.   Send me a PM and I'll share my cell.  

Plan to run a 6 rod spread.  (2) 200/300 Weighted Steel on inline planer boards, (2) Wire Divers, (2) Riggers.  

P.s.  we plan to crush it!!  

If anyone wants to collaborate, I will be fishing out of Wilson this week... I'll be happy to share our experiences.   Send me a PM and I'll share my cell.  

Plan to run a 6 rod spread.  (2) 200/300 Weighted Steel on inline planer boards, (2) Wire Divers, (2) Riggers.  

P.s.  we plan to crush it!!  
"P. S. we plan to crush it!"

This honestly made me laugh out loud. I love the enthusiasm. I hope you do crush it. Good luck.

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

hahhaha Thank you sir!  I've been preparing like crazy for this week... I'm hoping I can make it a great trip for my Dad who might not be able to big water fish much longer

• Like 1

Good Luck!!! ErieBuck. I hope you have a great time with your Dad. Kudos to you for a great attitude and doing everything you can to make a memorable trip for your family:yes:

Many thanks for the kind words!! I hope one day my boys take me fishing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Way to go and keep the updates coming. I'll be up in a bit over a week and a half, so your info may be stale by that point for me, but I still enjoy hearing and seeing how others are doing!

Awesome morning!! Found some bait in upper 300s low 400s. And it just kept producing.
Mostly a spoon bite but got a 22lb on wire meat rig to finish the morning. Lots of big steelhead out there. Some entertaining acrobatics on the rigger bites!! IMG_0920.JPG

• Like 2

Congrats hoping the weather changes a little were supposed to be there Sunday till tuesday are you west toward wilson?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes straight north out of Wilson. We had a big hit early like 630 on a wire diver in 250 FOW, plucked away at steelhead, then pretty slow until we found bait in low 400 from 930 until noon. Exhausted, might go back out tonight

Congrats looking at the weather it looks like early this week would of been prime time. Thursday until sunday isnt looking the best but hopefully it changes into next week we still have a little time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Keep the Good reports coming. I'll be up 8/1-8/6  I'll be posting all our results. Work well with others , CH 68 Squire. Out of Olcott .

Slower day for us today, but weather was weird, strong storm came through and rushed us off the water 930am in high seas and mixed things up pretty good for the evening bite. Still managed to get 3 mature kings, best was 22lb for the nightcap. Several teen lb kings, multiple 10 lb steelhead, and many skippers in the evening. Got a double on rigger slider which was a first for me — small king and steelhead on same line, two spoons.

The Long line 300 weighted steel was best when the lake flattened out for the afternoon/evening. Silver streak Chilly Willy took 2 big steelhead and several 2/3 year old kings. Wire Divers were dead. Quite a few skippers on spoon rigger. Big 22 came on rigger 10 inch Mountain Dew spin doc with lucky sevens Bering strip.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more stable weather!

• Like 2

Slower day for us today, but weather was weird, strong storm came through and rushed us off the water 930am in high seas and mixed things up pretty good for the evening bite. Still managed to get 3 mature kings, best was 22lb for the nightcap. Several teen lb kings, multiple 10 lb steelhead, and many skippers in the evening. Got a double on rigger slider which was a first for me — small king and steelhead on same line, two spoons.

The Long line 300 weighted steel was best when the lake flattened out for the afternoon/evening. Silver streak Chilly Willy took 2 big steelhead and several 2/3 year old kings. Wire Divers were dead. Quite a few skippers on spoon rigger. Big 22 came on rigger 10 inch Mountain Dew spin doc with lucky sevens Bering strip.

The bar is on fire this morning — 5 matures in first hour. Mostly 300 copper bites on mag spoons, one meat rigger. Now just got another monster on wire diver

• Like 2

The bar is on fire this morning — 5 matures in first hour. Mostly 300 copper bites on mag spoons, one meat rigger. Now just got another monster on wire diver

Nice Fish, Save a few Please !

Well you will have a chance to catch our fish as we successfully released 90% of all we caught this week using a rapala lip grabber tied to a paracord and towing fish behind the boat for a few minutes to revive… this may have been the highlight of the trip. I hate just tossing a fish overboard to float away. Yes I know they are going to die anyway, but I have respect for these magnificent creatures.

We caught over 20 matures in 3 days, and ended up cutting the trip short due to weather and my old man being tired!

Key take aways… we were fortunate/lucky to find bait and fish in a short period of time but we were prepared with all the right gear to put fish in the boat once we found them, and we weren’t shy about changing things up when it wasn’t working. Every day is different and the fishery is constantly changing. All you can do is to have a plan based on limited information — weather patterns, reports, previous experiences etc, and then adapt from there.

My two 300 weighted steel setups on inline planer boards caught 75% of our big fish. We rarely marked fish when we marked bait… but they were lurking on the perimeter…

It was a heavy spoon bite but meat and flashers drew them into the spread and still produced several 20lb+ fish. My spoon rigger and slider caught a lot of steelhead which were blast and kept things fun between the big kings. There are some incredible steelhead out there…

Good luck to all fortunate enough to experience this amazing fishery and thanks to all who contributed knowledge to make our trip a big success!!

Fish on!!!

• Like 2