Sandy Creek Shootout -Escape

Well, it was a horrible week for the Escape crew. It all started on Monday when I tried to take Jim, Sam and my son out fishing. Got the boat to the lake and it wouldn’t power up. Back to the dock and Tom Barbera quickly diagnosed the issue (bad control module). I ran and got the part and we were back in business for Tuesday’s trip. Big Fish Friday greeted us with some of the toughest fishing I have seen in years. On the way in, I hit the hot tub that is submerged in the creek going around some kayakers. Once again Tom Barbera quickly got us back up and running for Saturday’s big event. We started the morning west of port doing a North south troll covering 150-400. The bite was good but the size was lacking. We put a 20,16 & a 14 pound king along with a small brown in the box. At 11:30, we decided to pick up and run to the laker ground to upgrade the brown ad small king in our box. After a long run, I set the boat down just shy of our weigh points from Friday. 30 seconds after shutting down, the boat dies. I can not get it restarted!!!!! We tried to figure out the issue with Help from Tom once again with no luck. After a phone call, Matt Daphinee offered to tow us in. We ended up finishing 3 spots out of the money for only the third time in the 12 years the shootout has been running. I would like to thank Matt, Tom, Duane, Keith, Bear and the rest of the Sandy crew that assisted us getting into port safely. The people on Sandy are second to NONE. I would like to congratulate Team Eastfork Barberians on their awesome 8+ lb victory! Impressive as hell and well deserved!

IMG_0369.JPGIMG_0374.JPG64876450996__009F6BF8-D003-4082-B7B7-1E02A801EBB5.JPG

• Like 2

my goodness what a string of bad luck but great to about all the wonderful people around willing to lend a hand.  You guys powered through and tried to make the most of it.  Most importantly, everybody is safe to regroup for another day!  

Really sorry to hear about your ordeal Brian but on the good side you got to see the quality and character of your friends, and to have great friends (priceless) you have to be a great friend and I know that is the case with you guys. There will be more "shoot-outs" but this one will be remembered more than most and not just for the "negatives":smile:

Really sorry to hear about your ordeal Brian but on the good side you got to see the quality and character of your friends, and to have great friends (priceless) you have to be a great friend and I know that is the case with you guys. There will be more "shoot-outs" but this one will be remembered more than most and not just for the "negatives":smile:

My crew will bust my balls about this for years to come. It will be talked about more than winning two of the last four shootouts!🤣. On a good note, boat shopping will begin in the fall. My wife has been telling me to buy a new boat. Daycare payments are done in five weeks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 3

Even though smarter men and saltier dogs than me insist it's real, I still suspect that the hot tub is a Sandy Creek urban legend lol

It’s real as your insistent disbelief,,, I saw it on the other bank not long after it was dumped by some scum bag

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1