Outboard to outboard steering

After many years my ez steer broke. One of the plastic ball joint sleeves broke at the tube. I looked online most places seem sold out of the replacement ball joint. I looked on ez steer website which they seem to have it in stock for like $25 which I am good with that but they want another $20 for shipping . I am not so good with that. I have had a couple of Friends with the Panther steer arm and they seemed happy with them. Anyone have recommendations on a new steering system ? Our should I just pay up and get the parts for my ez steer. It is at least 20 years old and the other ball joint might fail soon.     Thanks 

1 hour ago, Sean Youngblood said:

After many years my ez steer broke. One of the plastic ball joint sleeves broke at the tube. I looked online most places seem sold out of the replacement ball joint. I looked on ez steer website which they seem to have it in stock for like $25 which I am good with that but they want another $20 for shipping . I am not so good with that. I have had a couple of Friends with the Panther steer arm and they seemed happy with them. Anyone have recommendations on a new steering system ? Our should I just pay up and get the parts for my ez steer. It is at least 20 years old and the other ball joint might fail soon.     Thanks 

Is it still 20 bucks shipping for two?

2 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

Is it still 20 bucks shipping for two?

It is. $72.71 for both ball joints. I could get  2 new Panther steering bars for that price. Just not sure what is the better option. I have had great luck with the easy steer and like that it is behind the motors and not moving back and forth near my gas lines and wiring. Don't like it so much when it comes  unconnected and I have to reach back there and reconnect but that doesn't happen very often.

Edited by Sean Youngblood

I see. My dual outboard boat had the connection in front of the motors and it worked really nice. 200 yamaha 15 hp honda. Everything was above the cables so no interference and I could easily disconnect the main, trim up the kicker and lock it in place to a third ball fitting located in the splashwell for running.

Good luck with your decision.

9 hours ago, PAP said:

Depending on which end is busted I ran into the same dilemma, so I have 1 brand new one if its the one ya need just pay the shipping and I'll give the part!!! PAP.emoji1690.pngemoji1690.pngemoji869.png

Sent from my LM-K920 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Are you still using your ez steer ? Mine is the inner ball joint. The smaller one. Ez steer doesn't even have the inner one listed in the parts section just outer. Can't find one.  I use to have a spare whole tube assembly but sold it to a member on here looking for one.

I know I have one just have to find it. If note I have 2/3 of the complete rods so no worries. I will get you fixed up. As I went to remote steering and the garmin 40 kicker auto pilot is next. I will look today i think I always kept them in my glove box on the boat and I have my boat home. Do you want a whole rod if not the piece??

Sent from my LM-K920 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 7/26/2021 at 11:40 AM, spoonfed-1 said:

I see. My dual outboard boat had the connection in front of the motors and it worked really nice. 200 yamaha 15 hp honda. Everything was above the cables so no interference and I could easily disconnect the main, trim up the kicker and lock it in place to a third ball fitting located in the splashwell for running.

Good luck with your decision.

I have the same setup 115 to 8hp, 27years not one concern