The original plan was to go to I-bay and maybe sneek out into lake Ontario but with the wind picking up that plan was canned.Instead I went to Owasco Lake and launched from the south end. Things went well and 2 nice lakers went into the cooler (trolling pike minnows).In the meantime the north wind had picked up there as well and it turned quite nasty.While trying to make it back to the south end,my engine conked out(water,muck from the bottom of the tank??) and it was paddle time.It got me to shore about a quarter mile south of a small private ramp.I had to get up to my rear end in the water and drag the boat (19 footer) to that ramp.

All in all a cold and nasty adventure,but an adventure none the less.

Today I checked the engine electronics and they checked out fine,I checked fuel delivery and found that the check valve in the fuel line ball had gone bad. After I turned off the engine for a bit to drift fish and tried to start her up again,I could not deliver fuel to the engine at the needed rate.In fact the faulty check valve prevented proper fuel delivery.

Oh well,at least it did not cost an arm and a leg.