Copco Lake California

stan

Well it has been 28 years since the last time I fished Copco lake, So I hooked up the boat and made the 86 mile drive. The old windy gravel road has been replaced with pavement . On the way up the mountain I never saw another vehicle , now for those who don't know about Copco lake it's on the Klamath River and just a few miles your in Oregon. The river above the lake is known for trophy Rainbow and Browns some two miles above the bridge. Copco is about 2 1/2 miles long and the widest spot about 1/2 mile. The area has some of the best Mule deer hunting in California. The lake hold Bass, Crappie, Sunfish, Blue gill and Klamath Rive Rainbow Trout. The eastern part of the lake averages 20' then west of Mallard cove it starts to drof off to over 90' , with the deepest hole around 98'. The wind was kicking up to 20 & 25 mph had a hard time holding course and landing fish. The item of the day was the Silver Streak spoon #336 Pop's Pick. I had the whole lake to myself except for three locals that launched on the west end of the lake, They even left the pick up on the ramp while they cruised the shore.

fb9kyd.jpg

240ycjs.jpg

2jed45w.jpg

6tpaf7.jpg

2my29f5.jpg

2iroryd.jpg

dpvkg4.jpg

28kirt3.jpg

fm5dty.jpg

i6w96u.jpg

8zguwm.jpg

9qjwhi.jpg