Love jigging for them. Only way I've fished them for 25+ years. Ironically though the jig i love using the best is called a rattle snakie. Company in Texas makes them for bass fishing i guess. It has rattles inside the jig and 2 straps of glow in the dark on each side. 1.5 oz so you can use it calm or choppy days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zimmy4209 said:

Love jigging for them. Only way I've fished them for 25+ years. Ironically though the jig i love using the best is called a rattle snakie. Company in Texas makes them for bass fishing i guess. It has rattles inside the jig and 2 straps of glow in the dark on each side. 1.5 oz so you can use it calm or choppy days. 

I've used a Rattle Snakie!  Had one back when I first learned how to jig lakers in the Fingers.  Must have broken it off at some point, I think I bought it at Gander Mountain and never could find them locally again.

18 hours ago, Pete Collin said:

I've used a Rattle Snakie!  Had one back when I first learned how to jig lakers in the Fingers.  Must have broken it off at some point, I think I bought it at Gander Mountain and never could find them locally again.

Nice I found my first one in my grandfathers tackle box unopened one day we were jigging on Cayuga lake probably '90 or '91. Was a slow morning gramps told me to put it on and was hooked up before the jig even hit bottom!! The company that makes them is out of Ohio called bassnbait company. They are old school I dont even believe you can order them online I had to print out an order form and mail it in last time I got some. Wish I could get ahold of some of the original mepps jigs, they flutter perfectly on the drop and ive only a few left after losing alot over the years. Anyways thanks for sharing!

20210730_030842.jpg