Best cell cameras under $150

Just been reading reviews on trail cameras online some seem like horror stories others are great but pricey.. I was looking at the “stealth cam manifest” seems like spy points have bad picture quality.. anyone got any recommendations on a cell camera under $150?

I've run both Spypoint and Moultrie. The Spypoint battery life is good, detection circuit is okay, and thumbnail picture quality isn't great unless you have lots of light. Their free plan (100 images a month) help when trying to decide which of their plans works for you. I did have a battery case rot out on me, too, and their customer service may as well not exist. The Moultrie 6000 series are garbage, but the 7000, which I have are great, except for there being more false triggers than I'd like. Interestingly though, many of those do have something in the image that you can't see until you get the HD pics off the card. One set of alkaline batteries last me from September through December, taking maybe 30-40 pictures a day. The newer Delta look good, but I have yet to deploy them in the woods. Plan price is comparable with Spypoint, except for the lack of a free plan.

It would be nice to see these manufacturers allow you to share data across cameras, but given the ability to switch plans instantly, and pro-rating, it's not such a big deal. Like ink jet printers, I think the money is in the post-device sales, with the camera just being a way to get you hooked. Luckily, they will also work as non-cell cams without a plan on board.

I'm using Browning and stealth cam and one Bushnell. I really like the Browning's. Battery life is super, picture quality is good, I have the strike force Apex and one other one I think it might be just strike force. They usually have a few under 150 the Apex was 89.97 at Bass Pro but it looked like it was out of stock.IMG_0069.thumb.JPG.33ec32b8a389b6df4c2873f725f8dbec.JPG

I think you may have missed the part where he's looking for a cellular camera.

Although, with the exception of the Stealth Cam, I'm also a Browning/Bushnell guy. They are bulletproof - not one has gone down after six years of service (out of ~12 total).

17 minutes ago, Gator said:

I think you may have missed the part where he's looking for a cellular camera.

Although, with the exception of the Stealth Cam, I'm also a Browning/Bushnell guy. They are bulletproof - not one has gone down after six years of service (out of ~12 total).

Yup gotcha I missed that. I have no experience with the cell cams although I would like to try them sometime, mostly I'm worried about battery life. I see Browning now has one, anyone try it yet?

8 hours ago, jmyers8 said:

Tactacam reveals either model you can find have been good for us

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah I I looked at the reveals x heard great things but they’re sold out

It looks like the Reveal X is in stock at Sportsman's Warehouse, at least right now anyway, for $119.  Get them while they're hot. I'm all set with my Moultrie. 

I'd also like to hear whether anybody has experience with the Browning wireless models. I love my Strike Force HD, with my absolutely best camera ever being the 2015 BTC-5 HD model. 

• 1 month later...

Love the Moultries now running

1    6000 

5    7000s

2    Deltas

The video quality keeping the 6000 on video mode is outstanding! 
7000 are amazing both stills and video keep them on both mode a little rough on batteries I get about 3 months till they get low 

You guys gotta try the new Deltas the video quality to your cell phone is incredible!! Crisp and has sound .

SPYPOINT pics are low quality but have a better detection range . I keep them on roads and driveways around my property in Allegany seeing a lot!of bears too

I've been testing the two Moultrie Delta that I bought in June at my house over the past week, and while I'm impressed with their speed and connectivity, the batteries (AA Energizer Plus) are draining at the rate of ~5% per day on both cameras.

Inquiries to Moultrie have been met with, "we now recommend only the use of lithium with Delta model" and, "return it where you purchased it". Neither of which is really gratifying, since I'm past 60 days at Academy. I didn't buy these cameras to feed them batteries. I am trying presently to determine whether using my ice-fishing 10 Amp Hour Marcum Lithium Brute batteries externally will give me more time. I will update when I know more. I don't understand why it seems like the Moultrie cell cams have gone downhill since the 7000i, of which my three are apparently bulletproof.

• 2 weeks later...