First trip out for the year. Started a new job and have been working some insane hours. Shot out of the chute at 5:30am and set up shot in 150 fow with an awesome screen. Sent the fishhawk down and found that temp got pushed down. It was 51 down 108 in 150fow. Trolled north out to 250 with a nice screen but no takers. Lake started to get a little chop going out deep so I picked up shop and headed in to 180fow. Set 4 riggers down to 77, 87, 97, and 107. Took a shot on the 77 rigger instantly. Had on a UV Nbk spoon. About 15 minutes later at 8:15 am I hooked up to a 24lb king in 178fow. Down 108 feet. Didn’t know it was hooked until it saw the boat. Fish darted under the boat and got wrapped in 2 rigger wires. I don’t know how we boated that fish but we did. Trolled around until 11am and then headed in. Good thing we did because around 1145 one of the nastiest thunder storms I have ever seen rolled through. Over all I had a pretty screen all day but not many takers. The king I caught has around 10 baitfish in his stomach that were all 5-8 inches. 

D36573D8-246D-46AA-9E15-9947C4E4D2DD.jpeg

Edited by Jto97
  • Like 5

Another guy who’s #’s must always end in a 7!   We were out Friday night, eerily similar report.  87 & 77 riggers over 150-250 took a couple smaller kings on mag spoons.  Got 1 that was 24lb on a 177 Dipsy down the chute, setting 0 on a carbon 14 Spin Doctor with Green/Black Fly over 180.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jto97 said:

First trip out for the year. Started a new job and have been working some insane hours. Shot out of the chute at 5:30am and set up shot in 150 fow with an awesome screen. Sent the fishhawk down and found that temp got pushed down. It was 51 down 108 in 150fow. Trolled north out to 250 with a nice screen but no takers. Lake started to get a little chop going out deep so I picked up shop and headed in to 180fow. Set 4 riggers down to 77, 87, 97, and 107. Took a shot on the 77 rigger instantly. Had on a UV Nbk spoon. About 15 minutes later at 8:15 am I hooked up to a 24lb king in 178fow. Down 108 feet. Didn’t know it was hooked until it saw the boat. Fish darted under the boat and got wrapped in 2 rigger wires. I don’t know how we boated that fish but we did. Trolled around until 11am and then headed in. Good thing we did because around 1145 one of the nastiest thunder storms I have ever seen rolled through. Over all I had a pretty screen all day but not many takers. The king I caught has around 10 baitfish in his stomach that were all 5-8 inches. 

D36573D8-246D-46AA-9E15-9947C4E4D2DD.jpeg

Great Report.your pic tells it all.

I made it in your before that same storm.