This is a different type of report for you guys up there on the big lake. I am in New Jersey and went down to the marina to pull my boat for some maintenance…..again. My bud and I thought we would chase Sea Bass  and Fluke for a couple of hours before pulling the boat. We headed out to one of spots about 8 miles off the beach. We ended up with a dozen or so of mostly shorts. Then thing got interesting. A 10-12 foot Great White shark jumped 8 feet out of the water. We watched this thing splashing all over the surface and when it jumped again it came out of the water inverted with its mouth wide open. Amazing sight. It jumped 5 times. You could see the membrane over its eyes and all those amazing teeth. What a cool experience. We headed back into the bay and came across a couple of porpoise jumping and playing and the to end it another shark, this tim a thresher jumped and rolled on the surface maybe 200 yards from shore. It’s not salmon, but a really cool day

• Like 6

I did something different as well this week. We went out of Oregon Inlet on the outer banks ,NC. We fished the gulf stream and I caught a 5.3 foot 400 pound plus blue marlin with the help of drlfc. It gave the full performance of dancing on the water and jumping. According to drlfc it took me about 40 minutes to get him next to the boat where he was released to fight another day. I will get a "Released Blue Marlin Citation in the mail from the state of North Carolina.

My worry is that after this milestone catch, it will be hard to feel satisfied with a puny 30 pound salmon.

I did something different as well this week. We went out of Oregon Inlet on the outer banks ,NC. We fished the gulf stream and I caught a 5.3 foot 400 pound plus blue marlin with the help of drlfc. It gave the full performance of dancing on the water and jumping. According to drlfc it took me about 40 minutes to get him next to the boat where he was released to fight another day. I will get a "Released Blue Marlin Citation in the mail from the state of North Carolina.
My worry is that after this milestone catch, it will be hard to feel satisfied with a puny 30 pound salmon.

Wow incredible — that’s on my bucket list!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 7/29/2021 at 3:51 PM, Flygaff said:

I’m running my boat out about 50 miles next week in search of tuna and mahi

May you have good luck and good weather