cannon downrigger motor rebuild

Just wondering if anyone has ever had the motors rebuilt in their downrigger. I have older mag 10's which work fine but I think they have lost a little power and speed over the years. Has anyone ever had the brushes replaced or anything and if so did it help, where did you take it to have it done, how much?

Please let us know what you find out. I have some older mag 10's that grunt pretty good after I went to the 13 lb. torpedo weights. I'm wondering if they can be updated? Also, while ice fishing this winter, it was rare to find Screwy Louies open very often :( . I don't know what their deal is? JeremySeg.

Thank You Pat I just got off the phone with sp outfitter and they were very helpful. Unfortunately there is no rebuilding to the motors on the old mag 10's as they are a sealed unit. The only thing to do is put a new motor in it which is cheaper than a new one. I also asked him about a big jon downrigger that I have and told me that they very rarely ever have to fix one, they just don't break down. I am debating getting another big jon and getting rid of the mag 10's. This big jon that I have I actually got from a guy who was going to sell it for scrap, I got it along with 3 manuals for $10! Anyway I decided to try it out and hooked it up to a battery and was astounded at how fast and strong it was compared to the mag 10's. Anyone else run Big Jons, What are your thoughts?

But if you really want to update your mag 10 you can get a new motor put in for around $175-200. He also said they can service them by taking them apart regreasing, putting in new bearings, and cleaning them up, but it won't help the motor. I think he said that was around $75.

Oh and also would like to add that they were very helpful and will definitely get my business once I decide what I am going to do.