Cayuga LL Salmon

Hi. I’ll be going out on Cayuga with some friends in a couple weeks. We are hoping to target landlocks. We’ve only fished Canandaigua and never targeted salmon before. Any suggestions? Probably launching out of the north end.

Hi. I’ll be going out on Cayuga with some friends in a couple weeks. We are hoping to target landlocks. We’ve only fished Canandaigua and never targeted salmon before. Any suggestions? Probably launching out of the north end.

Taughannock is where I would start. I fish out of aurora all the time and havnt gotten a salmon in a few weeks. They’ve moved south as I am still catch a fair amount of rainbows in aurora so I know I’m doing stuff right. Spring and fall have been more of a time for me to target them. Cayugas been revenged by winds and rain messing everything up. Thermocline is down 90 feet last time I went out on Thursday. Lakes seems to be stabilizing now just hope we don’t get another algae bloom. Waters a nice clean green right now.

33 hydrasport
  • Like 1

I haven’t caught a salmon in the last 4 trips to Taughannock this summer. I was thinking of making the trip to longpoint this weekend.All I have is Lakers hitting anything throughout the entire water column. Last time I kept 3 all 26-30” to give away. It’s really nice catching fish but annoying when you have Lakers hitting lines 25-30ft down when you’re targeting salmon and bows

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1