I came for 6 days to try for a few kings. We have landed a few but from most reports the bite has been very slow. We did land one on Saturday that was 26.35 lbs. 4 kings has been our best day and today we only landed one and took two other hits that did not get a good hook set. I may trailer the boat to a different port the next couple of days.
The majority of my hits are coming from a east or south troll. Without a Fish Hawk I may not have my speed dialed in. Also, I have been running high wire, low wire and riggers. I have not had a hit on the flasher flies so I took them off and added two more meat rigs. I went dead for many hours without a strike until I put one back on my high wire.

• Like 1

Went West out of the hole for a way before setting up shop in 200’ this morning. Trolled N till 400 and made the turn back South picking up a King on Dipsy/meat over 300’, 3 setting back 225. Only rod to move so far, headed on an east troll back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

17 hours ago, Scalloper 1 said:

I came for 6 days to try for a few kings. We have landed a few but from most reports the bite has been very slow. We did land one on Saturday that was 26.35 lbs. 4 kings has been our best day and today we only landed one and took two other hits that did not get a good hook set. I may trailer the boat to a different port the next couple of days.
The majority of my hits are coming from a east or south troll. Without a Fish Hawk I may not have my speed dialed in. Also, I have been running high wire, low wire and riggers. I have not had a hit on the flasher flies so I took them off and added two more meat rigs. I went dead for many hours without a strike until I put one back on my high wire.

What port would you go to

adk1 fished oswego aug 3 4 5 45 hours put in it is not slow it is dead 1 king 10 pounds fished 100 to 600 feet cjc broadalbin

You may want to troll across current if you don’t have a FishHawk. It’s kinda tough to keep correct downspeed going with/into the currents. Typical spread each day is flasher/fly and spoons fast 2.2-2.8 mph from sunrise to 10am. Switch to a slow rolled 1.7-2.0 meat rig spread at 10am or when the morning bite dies. Without knowing the down speed or temp that’s what I would do. Fish from 50’  to 100’ down…

2 hours ago, Mrm31790 said:

You may want to troll across current if you don’t have a FishHawk. It’s kinda tough to keep correct downspeed going with/into the currents. Typical spread each day is flasher/fly and spoons fast 2.2-2.8 mph from sunrise to 10am. Switch to a slow rolled 1.7-2.0 meat rig spread at 10am or when the morning bite dies. Without knowing the down speed or temp that’s what I would do. Fish from 50’  to 100’ down…

did all this and have all that

20 hours ago, cjc said:

adk1 fished oswego aug 3 4 5 45 hours put in it is not slow it is dead 1 king 10 pounds fished 100 to 600 feet cjc broadalbin

Tough for us who have to travel so far to get there and not be productive. We had a tough year last year when we went too, only landed a few kings. I am hoping for better bite this year. Have a week before I arrive so maybe the bit will turn back on.

First light to lines out at 11:00. Four kings and a laker was the take today fishing midwaters. Temp break down around 85’. All spoon bite.  Meat went untouched. Flasher/fly went untouched. Custom R&R Kodiak wobbler mags. 

C6F804BA-1283-4368-BCA5-74D8A5645896.jpeg

• Like 5