1 hour ago, seanc25 said:

Damn that's a savage move right there

Sent from my moto g stylus using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It was. Thats alot of driving 5 hrs a day extra. But I fished Oswego for 5 days and had 3 days of 1-2 fish in 11.5-12 hrs of trolling so I had enough at that point. Thats one benefit of having a 20' light trailerable boat. 

Why does it seem the salmon fishing is always better in the western part of the lake (olcott,Wilson, oak) rather than Mexico, or Oswego? Do those fish migrate to spawn to the eastern end? Or do they spawn out west? I always thought the most fish spawned in the salmon river and Oswego river. Heck, charters in the east are posting pics of Lakers this late in the season and west is still limiting out on salmon..  just look at the Loc derby results,,,,I think I’m ready to shift from Mexico point to the west…sorry for the rant but just wondering…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seeyawader said:

Why does it seem the salmon fishing is always better in the western part of the lake (olcott,Wilson, oak) rather than Mexico, or Oswego? Do those fish migrate to spawn to the eastern end? Or do they spawn out west? I always thought the most fish spawned in the salmon river and Oswego river. Heck, charters in the east are posting pics of Lakers this late in the season and west is still limiting out on salmon..  just look at the Loc derby results,,,,I think I’m ready to shift from Mexico point to the west…sorry for the rant but just wondering…

In a time of reduced nitrogen loading, the Niagara supplies Oxygen-rich, nutrient-laden water to attract baitfish. The evolution of the north shore naturally reproducing kings makes available an offshore fishery well into August. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mrm31790 said:

All that gas money might’ve bought you a fish hawk😂 I hear ya though. Glad you got on some fish!

With what I have wrapped up in the trip gas was the least of my concerns. Saturday night we got back to the room in Oswego at 12:30am (we visited Niagara after fishing) then lest Oswego at 5am for Oclott. Returned back to the room, packed up and headed to Maine at 10:30pm (11.5 hr ride). My wife drove the whole way home. I have Wifi in my truck so I started work at 8am. Long story short she was up 35 hrs and loved every minute of it. 

Edited by Scalloper 1

27 minutes ago, Scalloper 1 said:

With what I have wrapped up in the trip gas was the least of my concerns. Saturday night we got back to the room in Oswego at 12:30am (we visited Niagara after fishing) then lest Oswego at 5am for Oclott. Returned back to the room, packed up and headed to Maine at 10:30pm (11.5 hr ride). My wife drove the whole way home. I have Wifi in my truck so I started work at 8am. Long story short she was up 35 hrs and loved every minute of it. 

I think your wife and my wife need to talk haha. She’d kill me!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrm31790 said:

I think your wife and my wife need to talk haha. She’d kill me!

My wife turned 56 on the 5th. Her energy level is off the charts. She can back up a boat trailer better then 90% of the men I know and she pinned all of the meat rigs we fished. She got up Sunday morning at 5 and said "we got fish to kill" 

• Like 3

Nice job, Scalloper!  Glad you were able to salvage your trip with the drive west!  I'm planning on going over on 8/26, staying until probably 9/1 in the Pulaski area.  Hopefully the East end has picked up by then.

Also, my wife can't even sit in the boat for 4hrs .... let alone all day for a week AND driving 5hrs a day to do it!!

• Like 1

Slow morning marked bait and very few fish. Abit rolls and rough fished for 3 hours then back in. Heading back out around 5 for a bite bite. Hope the seas calm tomorrow