Perfect conditions today, lots of boats too! 

Started getting stuff set at about 170’ , temp break was at 100 down, 47 degrees.

Fished out to about 330 feet, not many fish, very little bait, went back around a little more west, more of the same but kept going out, at 388’ got a small king , Carbon 14 down 115. Landed fish and 330’ back dipsy took a high teens king in 400 feet.

That was it, overall perfect weather, nice water, didn’t find many fish!

It was!

You could really fish! Different combos and spreads, easy to change, not much flea!

and you didn’t have to hold on with one hand trying to stay in the boat!

• Like 1

I have been launching at Bay Bridge Bait Store this year, it’s been fine.

i tried the public launch in early June and found it very tough and a bit unsafe with my 23’ Cuddy. There are people launching there, small boats, jet skis and bass boats.

You can’t really tie off to the dock and park your truck.

32 minutes ago, Pappy said:

I have been launching at Bay Bridge Bait Store this year, it’s been fine.

i tried the public launch in early June and found it very tough and a bit unsafe with my 23’ Cuddy. There are people launching there, small boats, jet skis and bass boats.

You can’t really tie off to the dock and park your truck.

It was a dumb idea. F[r fixed docks.

Yep. I was excited and encouraged a couple years ago before the new dock was built and I had a chance to talk with one of the town board guys about the shape of the previous dock and launch, but unfortunately it turns out that the people that made the decisions about constructing it were obviously not fishermen or even boaters:o It certainly should have been a "floating" dock (despite possible expense concerns) ; especially considering the extreme fluctuations in the Lake Ontario water levels each year. They built a fixed level dock while water levels were at an all time high and then when the level returned to lower levels the dock remained way too high up making it difficult if not dangerous (e.g. southeast or strong east wind) to launch or return.  Really a shame.

Edited by Sk8man

Agree! I spoke with the Town Manager earlier this year, nice guy, provided all the details. He understands and explained the dock was built to the exact specifications that the state required for the to get the grant $ to build the new dock. I asked about a temporary floater for this year, no money. The town has now applied for another grant to add something, maybe a floater?, to make it usable. He explained that might happen next year.

The town people I spoke to were very informative, the two guys were both fisherman and they wanted it fixed too, just following the exact direction of NYS.

Nothing is easy fishing from Sodus this year!

• 2 weeks later...