Heading up to the oak on Monday to fish for the week. I plan on posting full reports. but does anybody have any good ideas of where to start other than in 300's? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just returned yesterday from two days there. We found matures in 100ish but it was a very slow bite.
Lots of action 325-375 but smaller fish
Meat and mags did well for us from 75’ to 100’ down
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I didnt see your posts until now, almost midnight. Got on the water about 5pm headed straight out to 400, lot of marks up high. One taker and it was a nice little steelie for my boy. Taken on spoon on a fixed cheater, 25' up from a flasher n fly down 60'. Then a jack on same setup, shook off at the boat so I didnt even have to take him out of the water.

Might try inshore if weather takes a turn. 2 whole days of Fishing to come20210809_201004.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, djbobert8 said:

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I didnt see your posts until now, almost midnight. Got on the water about 5pm headed straight out to 400, lot of marks up high. One taker and it was a nice little steelie for my boy. Taken on spoon on a fixed cheater, 25' up from a flasher n fly down 60'. Then a jack on same setup, shook off at the boat so I didnt even have to take him out of the water.

Might try inshore if weather takes a turn. 2 whole days of Fishing to come20210809_201004.jpg

Those "high marks" are typically small schools of YOY Alewife, and small Steelies feasting on them. Try not to let them distract you. Either way, I'm sure your boy appreciated that fish.

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 2

Those "high marks" are typically small schools of YOY Alewife, and small Steelies feasting on them. Try not to let them distract you. Either way, I'm sure your boy appreciated that fish.
Out here right now, thank you for the info. My temperature probe isn't working correctly today is there anybody able to help out where I'll find good temps in 300 to 500'? Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

I fished out of Oclott sat and sunday these were the temps in 400-430'

45'-69 deg

55'-57 deg

60'-53 deg

70' -49 deg

75' -45.5 deg

80' -46 deg

90' -44.5 deg

100' -43 deg

110' -42 deg

I had never fished this area before but me and the wife limited out both days in 4-5 hrs of fishing. Kings and steelhead. The steelhead were so aggressive at times I had to take the spoons off and put on meat rigs to keep them off the rods. I had two strikes/landed while setting the rods back in the riggers. Seemed to be 60-65' deep and Kings 71-65'

• Like 1

Great day on the lake today a big thank you to everyone who helped out past and present. Started in about 400' straight out, hit 500' it was on, ENE troll. J-plug down 90 with a cheater did most of the work. 42nd spin dr. With a stud fly down 75 took the coho. King was 28lb, weighed at the dock by the fisheries guys. 5-6.
Hope to find a window to get our tomorrow.

Went back out at 6pm to try the 100's after dinner. 0-1 on same jplug. Rained out.20210810_092109.jpg20210810_085516.jpg

2 fish in the boat before 7 am, 120' down 60'20210811_063114.thumb.jpg.4561194460275d9c69d0af5b5246f452.jpg

That’s great. Way to go!!!! Love this fishery and the smiles it gives

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

On 8/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, djbobert8 said:

Out here right now, thank you for the info. My temperature probe isn't working correctly today is there anybody able to help out where I'll find good temps in 300 to 500'? Thank you in advance!

try to turn up the gain on you fish finder and maybe it will pick up the thermo cline.

• Like 1

Any pic of this j plug? I've not had a plug bite in years. Gave up on them but thinking if I get out this weekend I'm gonna give them a chance again.
Cant remember the name of it, it's been discontinued for a long time. Might be able to find one on eBay or your local flea market flea market maybe even Facebook marketplace. This one and Wonder Bread usually always produce for me when they are out deep. The Brown trout love it too when I troll The Shallows in the fall. It's not Dill pickle but it's close. 20210811_162214.jpg

I have a lot of plugs and tons of tape and paint. If I don't got that one I'll run the closest I got and maybe a Grinch maglip that looks almost identical and is a solid producer for drifting the lower Niagara. If you plan on running kwikfish in the river during the run make sure you try that one.

• Like 1