Struggling out here today. Ran out to 190 and haven't seen much. Marked a bunch of bait in shallow but do far only landed one small brown. Caught the brown on a slider on a rigger in 120 fow. 2184.thumb.jpg.6d45a868c8850bb13424a5951eaf242e.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 V 5G UW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

550-575 was great . All classes to be caught

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 8/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, ShawnJ said:

Struggling out here today. Ran out to 190 and haven't seen much. Marked a bunch of bait in shallow but do far only landed one small brown. Caught the brown on a slider on a rigger in 120 fow. 2184.jpg

I think that was the same brown I caught last week. And the only fish brought to the boat that day. Don't feel bad.

Went out in the morning on Monday, August 9th.  Stayed mostly in 100-180 fow.  Caught 18 lb King in 108fow on a ball down 90 using a moonshine lure. There were some suspended marks and some bait. Went out to 180 and the screen dried up so we headed back towards shore. In 160fow we doubled up.  Got a nice steelhead on a chicken leg cheater and then another teenage King on a meat rig.  Lake turned to glass so we headed off the water around 10:30. The week before we did the same routine and were skunked.  That's fishing! 

1 hour ago, ShawnJ said:

This is my rookie season and has proved to be really tough. Learning slot every time out on the water. Can find bait and fish Everytime but convincing the fish to bite is another story.

There is a learning curve. You will get better. I suggest reading the Dan Keating books. That will increase your knowledge and give you more confidence on the water.

Fishing has been bad this year in general 

Even seasoned guys are struggling . 

So don't feel to bad about it . 

I have been doubting myself this year also . 

In a few weeks the salmon will be staging 

That's a good time to go out and catch a few if they are around.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the boost of confidence. I never had a problem catching salmon once they hit the creeks. Out on the lake I'm learning is a whole new ball game.

Stick with it. They will come. Of interest is the Niagara salmon school in Jan/feb. it is well worth the money if you are a beginning lake guy

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Get a few j plugs , size 3 or 4 glow green , pearl white and silver bullet red head. After labor day go to the Oak or Genny first light or just before dark . 

12 to 60 ft generally out front 

FUN !