Cayuga Jigging 8/7

Went back to Cayuga cause I just love Lakers on the jig and they did not disappoint. I had over 25 “hits” today but they must have been grabbing short. Kind of amazing how many fish grabbed my lure and didn’t get hooked lol. Either way I boated every fish I hooked which was nine and the action was fast and furious.

One thing I have noted is these fish do not seem to like jigs just being popped. It’s either hit on the way to the boat or being sent to the bottom. Almost no bites just jigging it traditionally. Also, good electronics make this so much easier and very fun.

Another good day on the lake and I got a nice feeling I am dialing it in even a little better! Big fish of the day weighed in at 9.5 lbs.

IMG_4405.JPGIMG_4406.JPGIMG_4407.JPGIMG_4408.JPGIMG_4409.JPGIMG_4410.JPGIMG_4411.JPGIMG_4412.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

On 8/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, Sk8man said:

:yes:

try using a stinger hook for those short hitters.

Mannn....I keep struggling with this too, every which way I have rigged stingers they get tangled into the plastic bait on the fall or come up with mussels on them. Any advice on stinger hooks Sk8?