Had a great day solo out of braddocks , other than my probe decided to not work. At first light I set up in 100 fow North troll ,with a good screen . I caught 2 kings 100-140fow both on riggers 70-80 down (gold Martel and carbon 14). Hearing the bite was offshore I decided to just hold course and see how we panned out. The 200’s I had a week screen and not until 350 fow did I take my next couple fish. Diver out 210/250 with flasher/fly. Next was 300 copper started grabbing steelhead when I broke 500fow, and 550-575 was solid . Ended roughly 10 for 12. One mature fish breaking 20lbs, kings 12/15lbs, and steelhead 5-8lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Good going Jeremy pays to experiment along the way and at least know where they aren't rather than following the herd blindly:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Good going Jeremy pays to experiment along the way and at least know where they aren't rather than following the herb blindly:lol:

When I got around the 31/32 line I had about 5 boats around me (between Sandy/Braddocks). Most of the guys I fish around were expecting the offshore bite today. Personally once we break into August I rarely fish the inside. I’ll stay offshore now pretty much till Hunting season starts.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Goodison said:

When I got around the 31/32 line I had about 5 boats around me (between Sandy/Braddocks). Most of the guys I fish around were expecting the offshore bite today. Personally once we break into August I rarely fish the inside. I’ll stay offshore now pretty much till Hunting season starts.

Do you start offshore and stay out there? Or do you start shallower and work out? 

Do you start offshore and stay out there? Or do you start shallower and work out? 

If I’m fishing an afternoon and think the offshore bite might be there then I always run to points immediately. I’ll peak/work the area, if it doesn’t pan out then I’ll rocket in for the last couple hrs inside.
If I’m on a morning run I’ll usually start inside . If the morning bite dies/or is not there I pack up and motor out.
I prefer the offshore bite . Past couple weekends I would head out and it simply wasn’t ready. Yankee Troller had a post of a great offshore bite last week, a couple of my captains friends also had same experience, so I was hopeful it was game on. That’s why it’s nice to have people share info.

• Like 6