Whaler and I decided to try the oak this morning. This was my 1st time ever at the oak and I am glad he mentioned it. We launched around 5:45 and fished till 12:30. Started in 100 and worked to 500. We went 5 for 6 with 3 kings and 2 bows. Best water was 450-480. Biggest was around 22. Fat Nancy flasher/ fly, wonder bread spoon, uv 2 face spoon took fish on the riggers. 225 and 240 dispeys both took fish with SD/flys. Only rod that did not fire was carbon 14 spoon. No pic of whaler’s big king since I messed up the net job. Kinda of embarrassing on my part but Bill was good about it. Great day with good company.

IMG_5516.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 5

Lol Rick it was a great trip! Fun going to different places and the Oak has always been special to me. Thanks again for taking me, it was awesome.

The net incident was pretty cool too. The king was half a double with a chunk bow. I netted Ricks bow with my left hand, the king with dipsy held in my right hand. Rick released the bow and soon the king was on the side of the boat. Rick netted the king and held it off the side while he took the hooks out with pliers. Just as he pulled the hook the front of the net dropped a few inches and the king hurdled out of the net, like it knew it had an opportunity and grabbed it. It then slowly swam on the surface parallel to the boat and laughed at us and taunted Rick. It was hysterical. All we were going to do was take a quick pic and release it but it had different ideas!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Would have been neat to get a picture of it swimming next to the boat.

I was so pissed at myself. I like to keep them in the net and in the water when unhooking so they have a better shot at living. 1st time this has happened but live and learn. All big ones will be in the boat. Another funny fact was we had multiple times where fish came to the surface and ever time we where saying “there is the fish taunting me”.