Casting at night on boat !

Good morning! I've been intrigued as to casting for kings at night in September and was hoping if anyone had some insight as the best spoons to use!? I know moonshine makes a glow spoon so I'll definitely be getting some of those ! Any tips would be appreciated it is something that I have never done before but I am interested in trying it!! Thanks!

8 minutes ago, eman89so said:

Whaler can you send me where that is stated thx.. believe that is untrue and only certain parts 

Page 67 of the new Fishing Regulations Guide- 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset is permitted, or 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise is prohibited is their wording on it.

Edited by spinfly

15 minutes ago, spinfly said:

Page 67 of the new Fishing Regulations Guide- 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset is permitted, or 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise is prohibited is their wording on it.

Isn't that below the bridge?

I could be wrong Joe, I just remembered that from night fishing across from the yacht club years ago.  DEC used to walk the bank and write tickets.

Fisherman21 will know, hopefully he finds this thread

Whaler stated tributary regs . For Sandy it is south of the parkway bridge. I believe they start Aug 15 but I'm not sure 

But it seem to matter less and less to people because they fish there after dark more and more . 

I reported to DEC last year . They got back to me about a week later and thanked me for my concern . Don't know what happened 

I was in my row boat this spring under the bridge and CEO called me over and checked my license . I told him of the antics down there at night salmon time . He told me he does not like to go down there at night alone because he has arrested some he checked that had warrants down there and it can become dangerous for him down there . Can't say I blame him. 

I thought of getting a paint ball gun and launching rounds at the offenders because I can see them from my Sun room and it kind of kisses me off . 

• Like 1