Setting rigger depth

I have a question about how people determine what depth there riggers are running. If you put the probe down and and find the break at say 60 ft.(probe readout)at this point your graph shows the ball to be at 55 ft. If you want to set another rigger at exactly the same depth do you

1) Set by cable counter

2) set by graph

John

I agree with Tom. This gets tricky when/if you have a unit with coated cable because coated cable does not count out the same as uncoated because of the diameter difference and how it lies on the spool, also coated cable does not cut the water as well as uncoated causing more blowback. If you have coated cable you have to figure out what it takes to match depths and then space your set as you wish.

Using my counters, I simply run my fish hawk in 50 degree water on my deep rigger and set the other 2 at 8' intervals above it. Mup a couple and slide the other and you have it covered!!!

CC

Carl,

I know you catch a lot of Kings, so I'm a little confused...

I thought the ideal temp range for Kings is 42-44 deg, so it would seem to me that starting deepest at 50 deg and going up from there would put you mostly in Brown and Steelie territory.

Did you mean set the fish hawk rigger at 40?

thanks,

JAM

I have a question about how people determine what depth there riggers are running. If you put the probe down and and find the break at say 60 ft.(probe readout)at this point your graph shows the ball to be at 55 ft. If you want to set another rigger at exactly the same depth do you

1) Set by cable counter

2) set by graph

John

Tip your transducer up so you can see your riggers on the graph. You can then make your own chart with rigger read out vs actual on graph. You'll have to note speed as well. I run 12# ball on my temp rigger and 10# on the other three. With the weight differance and drag all play together well

Scott

Jammer,

I find more kings in the 50 -65 degree water than the 42- 44. The big boys will be hanging out in the colder water. Less hits but when the rods goes, its usually a laker or a big king.