Crossbow Recommendations

Guppy35

I have a Ten Point..   Waited until they switched models and got a very good deal on one as it was "older" technology (less than you are looking to spend) and am very happy with it.   plenty fast a quiet for my liking.

• Like 1

I have a wicked ridge ten point Invader. I loved the thing until last year when (unknowingly) I didnt "cock" it correctly. I initially thought something was wrong but it didnt seem to look different so i went on about my business. At the end of my hunt i took the safety off and it shot the bolt without me pulling the trigger which scared the #$%^ out of me. I would recommend getting a crossbow that you cock with a lever. Regardless of the fact that it was operator error, i feel as though there should be safety mechanisms in place with this model that would prevent what happened to me from happening to anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a wicked ridge ten point Invader. I loved the thing until last year when (unknowingly) I didnt "cock" it correctly. I initially thought something was wrong but it didnt seem to look different so i went on about my business. At the end of my hunt i took the safety off and it shot the bolt without me pulling the trigger which scared the #$%^ out of me. I would recommend getting a crossbow that you cock with a lever. Regardless of the fact that it was operator error, i feel as though there should be safety mechanisms in place with this model that would prevent what happened to me from happening to anyone else.

Interesting as we went with Wicked Ridge too and it has an anti-dry fire mechanism that can fool you into thinking you are fully cocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 3 weeks later...

What is easy draw? I'm in the same shoes as per what to get?? I would prefer if it has a crank for me as pulling them back by hand I positively can't do do to back complications.? Whats Proven out there?? Thanks for any heads up!!!

i thought about getting a X-bow for a few yrs as i'm handicapped. i did a lot of reading because i wanted to get a good one. as i didn't have anyone to hunt with me i gave up on the idea. but from my research i had decided to get a ten point. they have great reviews compared to other brands. no bow can compensate for every shooters error. even though  never ends had a miss fire something like that is rare and could probably happen with other bows.

I moved from an Excalibur micro at 330 fps to a Ravin R10 at 400 fps

In terms of accuracy they could both put arrows through the previous shot.

Cocking and de cocking is hands down easier with the Ravin.

Ergonomics and Size goes to the Ravin. It's amazingly narrow when cocked.

The Excalibur is cheaper and just as accurate, that being said I am pretty pleased to have upgraded. My next hunt will be an archery moose hunt in Northern Ontario. I will be doing a lot of walking from call location to call location. The smaller faster bow will hopefully get a chance at a grunting bull.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk