So leading up to the trip I had been hearing reports of the slow catch to the extent of some picking up and moving west to another port. I was hoping to catch a good day or two if the kings showed up. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Made the 3 hour haul to Oswego launching out of wrights. Arrived sat around 7, launched and headed NW out of the chute and started in 300fow. Lady O was abit confused with rollers and a chop. My 221 islander handles it well but we got bounced around some. Never bent a rod other than loading the riggers. Headed  to Oswego marina and picked up our slip. Stayed at the Clarion. made the decision to not fo back out doe the evening trill due to the small craft advisory. Back up and headed out of the chute NW again Sunday morning setup in 250FOW. Lady O had settled down some. Fished till 1:00 targeting kings. Picked up one steelie then headed in to setup for browns. Ended up picking up one decent brown as we were picking up as it hadent tripped the blacks release. Headed back in to port around 2:30, topped of the tank and got more ice and turned and burned. Fished NE out of chute starting in 300fow. Marked alot of bait and not much else. beautiful sunset. Back at it again this morning headed NE out of chute setup in 200fow. Had a few releases but no takers. Plenty of bait. Did see a few marks below and above the bait. Started targeting browns for the last 30 minutes picking one as we trolled back to port. Pretty tough fishing for everyone. Abit spoiled still from the 2019 season. Feel bad for all the charter guys out there. Feast or famine I guess. Hope something turns around. A lot of negativity in Oswego in regards to the salmon bite and why it’s so low this year. This was my third year running out od Oswego coming from Mexico. I think next year I will head west more myself, just to explore another port and a change of scenery. Not sure where yet. Pic od the steelie and some others.DB04ED91-4365-4637-933C-689A80EDCE41.thumb.jpeg.7198758c73e1cede25a8435ee66c1766.jpeg

7535A0D7-9D1D-4324-A5B4-E051B222C6FB.jpeg

2B618965-D87D-47EC-878D-63043911BDC5.jpeg

DE008D27-A0EC-4D02-B835-C3279FC39B73.jpeg

Edited by Adk1
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, feivey said:

For trolling and diving see TDD at trolldivedivert.com.  Invented by AllenOsborn who you can call at number/email at trolldivedivert.com for product advice and availability.  See the TDD.

Must be another advertisement!

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, thork9 said:

what depth was the browns,? 80?

Yeah it was around there. Started at 120 and found the right temp near the bottom and trolled toward shore. The ol monkey puke did the trick 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:34 PM, Adk1 said:

So leading up to the trip I had been hearing reports of the slow catch to the extent of some picking up and moving west to another port. I was hoping to catch a good day or two if the kings showed up. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Made the 3 hour haul to Oswego launching out of wrights. Arrived sat around 7, launched and headed NW out of the chute and started in 300fow. Lady O was abit confused with rollers and a chop. My 221 islander handles it well but we got bounced around some. Never bent a rod other than loading the riggers. Headed  to Oswego marina and picked up our slip. Stayed at the Clarion. made the decision to not fo back out doe the evening trill due to the small craft advisory. Back up and headed out of the chute NW again Sunday morning setup in 250FOW. Lady O had settled down some. Fished till 1:00 targeting kings. Picked up one steelie then headed in to setup for browns. Ended up picking up one decent brown as we were picking up as it hadent tripped the blacks release. Headed back in to port around 2:30, topped of the tank and got more ice and turned and burned. Fished NE out of chute starting in 300fow. Marked alot of bait and not much else. beautiful sunset. Back at it again this morning headed NE out of chute setup in 200fow. Had a few releases but no takers. Plenty of bait. Did see a few marks below and above the bait. Started targeting browns for the last 30 minutes picking one as we trolled back to port. Pretty tough fishing for everyone. Abit spoiled still from the 2019 season. Feel bad for all the charter guys out there. Feast or famine I guess. Hope something turns around. A lot of negativity in Oswego in regards to the salmon bite and why it’s so low this year. This was my third year running out od Oswego coming from Mexico. I think next year I will head west more myself, just to explore another port and a change of scenery. Not sure where yet. Pic od the steelie and some others.DB04ED91-4365-4637-933C-689A80EDCE41.thumb.jpeg.7198758c73e1cede25a8435ee66c1766.jpeg

7535A0D7-9D1D-4324-A5B4-E051B222C6FB.jpeg

2B618965-D87D-47EC-878D-63043911BDC5.jpeg

DE008D27-A0EC-4D02-B835-C3279FC39B73.jpeg

Adk1, Haven't you heard the old saying "timing is everything"? Well no question the salmon bite couldn't be more true. I've been fishing Lake O. since 1985, the absolute best weeks are the very end of August into the week + into September on Mexico Bay. The past dozen or so years it has been the first week of Sept., seems to be delayed for whatever reason. Don't get discouraged, maybe plan those targeted weeks going forward. I'll be heading out next weekend, splashing the Baha and give it  a shot. Seems to me the salmon have NOT even begun staging yet. It is a deeper cold water bite into the 550-650 fow. Good luck with the rest of your season and tight lines............Pete