Way to go Dan! Great photo. How deep did you have to go to find the fish?  I'm still working on the i-Pilot installation. Got the motor mounted but running into battery location problems. Didn't want to wait for several weeks to get it installed by a marina. Hope to have it up and running soon. Congrats on your catch.

9 hours ago, Skywatcher said:

Way to go Dan! Great photo. How deep did you have to go to find the fish?  I'm still working on the i-Pilot installation. Got the motor mounted but running into battery location problems. Didn't want to wait for several weeks to get it installed by a marina. Hope to have it up and running soon. Congrats on your catch.

The lake had flipped and it was cold on top. 50 degrees down 30 in 220' of water. Got Fish on the meat rig 120 out on wire dipsy. Wish I knew more I would help you install your I-Pilot. Fishing has been tough.

I really want to add a wire dipsy rod to my spread. I have the wire and a reel but can't find an 8-1/2 or 9' rod. Don't think I could handle anything larger when I fish solo. I hope the fishing improves and I can make it to Lake Ontario before you head back to Ohio. Looks like you might have some decent weather through early next week. Enjoy your vacation.

Best affordable wire diver rod is the eagle claw 10 diver rod. I fish alot alone and no problem to handle solo .. they are soft very forgiving ..and they are not to expensive ..add a twilly tip and your set for life. I have a pair from the 80's I finally retired them bc the foam handles were falling apart from the rod holders. The new ones have a harder plastic behind the reel seat, makes then come out of rod holders easier, and they will last for ever.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bluegiller, will the guides handle seven strand stainless steel wire or just copper line? I was looking for a wire diver rod with roller guides. I have several dipsy rods that I could modify with a twilli tip but I'm not sure if the guides could handle the 7 strand wire.