SST pro mag

I bought a couple Off Shore SST pro mag side planers and ran them on Sunday. Hooked one onto my 200 copper and it did great. Hooked the other to my 400 copper and it would barely plane at all. 

It was a little rough (~3ftrs max) but I thought these particular boards were able to handle 400's with ease!

Anybody else have this issue and do you use a different board for 400+ coppers?

I am by no means an inline board expert, I do know a cross wind or trolling parallel to the waves will cause the boat to "slide" sideways.  My boat sticks out of the water a lot more than that tiny board, and a cross wind will push the boat sideways much faster than the board, the line gets a bit slack and the board drops back. 

The up wind board on the other side pulls like a rented mule as the boat "slides" away from the board.  The "slide" sideways can be considerable, and being out in open water, we don't even notice it happening.  

Just my $.02 from an old guy..

I am by no means an inline board expert, I do know a cross wind or trolling parallel to the waves will cause the boat to "slide" sideways.  My boat sticks out of the water a lot more than that tiny board, and a cross wind will push the boat sideways much faster than the board, the line gets a bit slack and the board drops back. 
The up wind board on the other side pulls like a rented mule as the boat "slides" away from the board.  The "slide" sideways can be considerable, and being out in open water, we don't even notice it happening.  
Just my $.02 from an old guy..

Maybe that was a factor. If I remember I believe the waves were pushing toward that board on the port side. The boat could have been overrunning the board I guess. Something to watch for for sure…thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

14 minutes ago, Gregger300 said:

Maybe that was a factor. If I remember I believe the waves were pushing toward that board on the port side. The boat could have been overrunning the board I guess. Something to watch for for sure…thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a pair of Ziggy's copper boards and they are rated for 350' coppers. I can vouch they work very well for 300'. Ziggy also makes a "big sexy" model thats bigger and says its good for up to 600' coppers. Just another option to consider.

• Like 1