Reelin for Cure Chasing Chrome

Today I took my woman’s team fishing for the Reelin For A Cure tournament out of Olcott. With not being on the water much this season , and reports that the lake had flipped/cold water moved in I definitely felt like we were flying blind. Being late in the season and a 6 fish box it was an easy decision for a strategy. Goal was to go offshore to find our box as quick as possible, and if need be go back in side looking for a staging fish. We started fishing at the 28 line on a north troll and within about 20 min we had our first fish in the box. We spent from 630 till 10am in the 29-30 line where we ended 4 for 7. The strategy was almost working but the big steelhead were just a little to slick for the ladies. We had a couple of nice big mature steelies that really put on a show. As the bite died for us we decided to pack up and go for the hail mary inside. I knew at this point the box was way to small and big matures were the only hope. We settled in 200 fow with 1 1/2 hrs to fish. 45 min in the diver got absolutely annihilated and I knew we had a nice one. My daughter fought him from 400 foot out to 300 before needing help, in came the second teammate and the king stripped all the way back out. Tag the 3rd teammate and the king finally settled down landing us an absolute stud. That definitely boosted the moral of the team but before we knew it the motor bogged down, not good. We called it immediately and hopes the big fish was a possible money fish. The big male was shy of 26 and another lb or two was needed. Overall we had an amazing time, beautiful weather, raised money for the greatest cause on earth (women’s cancer), and just good fellowship. I’v always thought the fishing community was the most gracious community and today just solidifies it. If you’ve never experienced a tournament your truly missing out.IMG_8238.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 15

Monster!  Agreed great event that continues to get better every year!  

The last couple Reelin for a cure we fished my poor ladies battled some good ol fashion sea sickness with rough water. . Today I was able to take out two women that have never experienced fishing and the weather was absolutely beautiful for them. Congrats on your great finish[emoji123]. Their already telling me we’re making a long weekend out of the trip next yr

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

Fantastic job out there on uncharted waters! Pulling that buzzer beater major had to be a thrill for all involved. Bite was a grind but you guys/gals did great as expected.

I'm happy to see the "small boat army" representing out there! I wish 5th place would start a post so we could congratulate him too........

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fantastic job out there on uncharted waters! Pulling that buzzer beater major had to be a thrill for all involved. Bite was a grind but you guys/gals did great as expected.

I'm happy to see the "small boat army" representing out there! I wish 5th place would start a post so we could congratulate him too........

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I do apologize my post heaven next to nil the last couple years. The fishing has been incredible. With our fifth-placed finish I am more proud than I've ever been to represent for us small boat Army. That's a catchy phrase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

We fished 420 ft of water we've been in that area for a week pre fishing. We worked from 50 ft down all the way to 125 feet down we literally ran a 4 Rod spread all day I went with my best gear and my best lures and fished with confidence. With four ladies on the boat and no first mate to set rods,all the pressure was on me. In this tournament I felt it was essential to not just hook fish, but you also have to land them and running a four rods bread instead of eight Rod spread may have been the BEST decision I made as captain. We had five in the Box before 7:30 a.m.. flasher fly and my homemade meet Riggs with my homemade brined Herring strips We're essential. Only caught one fish on a spoon so we switched over to all flasher flies and meat. Our sub troll speed was 2 and 3/4 and we were catching fish on the outside Rod during turns that blew my mind. So we went with it and had great success.
This tournament was not only an incredible fishing experience but an essential team-building experience for myself and staff at our hair salon...SYNERGY HAIR STUDIO. I encourage all small business owners to assemble a team and either take out one of our incredible Charter Captain here in our local Waters or network and find someone with at least an 18 foot boat that has the gear to do this trip he won't be disappointed Stephanie and Vince are absolute rock stars they are a power couple in which my wife and I look up to.IMG-20210821-WA0023.jpgIMG-20210821-WA0022.jpg20210820_093807.jpgIMG-20210821-WA0014.jpg20210820_065934.jpg20210820_065741.jpgIMG-20210821-WA0005.jpg20210820_063958.jpg20210820_064009.jpg20210820_064256.jpg51341.jpgIMG-20210821-WA0007.jpg51343.jpg20210819_180341.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 6