Set up in 425’ and trolled north. Water was very warm! 70’s all the way down to 80’ .We took one mature king - 19# 115 down in 61 degree water. Hit a FF on a rigger. We also took 2 smaller kings and a steelhead same program. Worked out to 487’ and just couldn’t find any temp so we pulled at 9:30 and ran into 200’ and trolled into 130’.

Took a decent steelhead down 120 on a rigger and a smaller king both on FF. Took a awesome rip on a dipsey out 220 with a spoon but no one home. Marked some bait inside and an occasional good hook. Off the water by noon- the heat was oppressive!

Back at it again next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Don’t pay too much attention to temp right now. In particular if you are fishing inside 150. Kings are there and you may be surprised by how many.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Don’t pay too much attention to temp right now. In particular if you are fishing inside 150. Kings are there and you may be surprised by how many.

Bill is right. The fish are coloring up pretty good now and the matures are probably starting to stack up inside and folks may mistake them for lakers and they may  be hard to get to hit as their feeding response may now be diminished and water temp may be irrelevent but sometimes if you bug them enough by using active highly colored lures and trolling back and forth over them you can entice them to hit out of aggression the younger ones are a different matter and they may be running out with the steelies out deeper.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Bill is right. The fish are coloring up pretty good now and the matures are probably starting to stack up inside and folks may mistake them for lakers and they may  be hard to get to hit as their feeding response may now be diminished and water temp may be irrelevent but sometimes if you bug them enough by using active highly colored lures and trolling back and forth over them you can entice them to hit out of aggression the younger ones are a different matter and they may be running out with the steelies out deeper.

Most of the fish I marked were within 20 feet of bottom with the occasional one suspended. Threw big spin docs, j plugs, bright spoons at them, just could get them to go. I’ll be out again tomorrow and if it’s the same as yesterday I’ll be headed out deeper.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app