Set up at 730 looking for browns. By 10 had only caught one small one 50 down over 60 on a NK mag. At 1030 the rigger at 50 takes off and we got a 26lb king out of 65 degree water. Great fight and a clean release.
Back out from 130 to 430 in 100 feet and and only one hit but it was a feisty low teens bow. (14 according to the Boga). Might have cashed for big bow of the day but wasn’t bleeding and nice to see it swim off. Besides it’s a haul to weigh in at the River.
Didn’t catch much today but it was beautiful out and much enjoyed. IMG_3072.thumb.JPG.89dc1a538bf0d4f569d415b6e074d807.JPGIMG_3073.thumb.JPG.852cd49bd0a7fa542e12e7f2c46b7f39.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 17

Bill, both very nice fish caught during a difficult bite. Well done! I was timid about fishing that far out of temp. I guess the trick, like with hunting sometimes, is to target a different species. Go deer hunting and shoot a bear...go turkey hunting and shoot a deer. From now on I am fishing for perch or sheepshead.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Whaler,
Must have been take a lakeshore FD member fishing day. Your kid is just a little more jacked than me! Just a little lol. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United