Mexico/Catfish creek Aug. 16,17,18

When 3 for 4 all kings. 2 teens, 1 24lbs.

1 at 6:00 p.m. 2 were in the morning.  All on riggers parked at 100 + 120' over 170FOW.  All on flashers. Lances 2 face UV with a stud fly. 2.6 mph.

Good luck guys, It's been really tough. Popular opinion at the docks was that we did real good considering things.

Another small boat miracle

20210816_191055.jpg

20210816_190946.jpg

20200721_155958.jpg

• Like 6

Good job catching fish, you probably been told this but that boat is not safe to take to 170 feet in Lake Ontario. I’ve been caught out there in waves that would overturn that boat easily on a day with wave weather reports of 1 foot or less. Good luck and stay in tight!

I appreciate your concern mommy, but I've been doing this for 10 years.  I do know the limits of my boat and along with some very insightful weather watching From a lifetime of being on the water i feel pretty confident in keeping my butt alive for one more trip. 

• Like 1

Farthest I've been out so far on a fairly calm day has been 350'.  One very important thing is my motor is almost brand new it's a year old. The boat is an old piece of crap but I believe in very good motors.

Edited by newmike
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, newmike said:

Farthest I've been out so far on a fairly calm day has been 350'.  One very important thing is my motor is almost brand new it's a year old. The boat is an old piece of crap but I believe in very good motors.

Wow your crazy, good luck!

I couldn’t agree more with Seeyawader. I understand that not everybody can afford the queen Mary but if you’re totally confident in running that boat out to 170 and beyond on this lake, you haven’t been doing this long enough. Ask any charter captain. 

I wear an inflatable life jacket, keep my phone in a waterproof Phone zip,  and I have people to pick me up if I go under.. U can all hold your breath I'll be backup there this Sunday.  You guys should come rapelling with me down some cliff faces,  it's another hobby of mine.

Lmfao 🤣 way to go Mike! Love it! Our end has been lakers, few kicker browns, grind on the eyes, good bass fishing. Trench has been dismal but we are anticipating the switch anytime-any day. Keep up the hard work and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 hours ago, newmike said:

Any of you guys see me this week give me 3 toots on your horn and if you see me floating around please pick me up

I’ll be out of Mexico this weekend, I don’t have a horn but I’ll yell toot toot if I see you,,,I have a 24 foot wellcraft, all in good fun Mike, I still think you crazy and I wouldn’t go cliff jumping either, good luck this weekend. Let that salmon tow you into the river…

Unnecessary. Worry about yourself. Unless you are in a Whaler just about any boat can sink. They wear PFD’s and aren’t bringing little kids. Probably less dangerous than riding a motorcycle.
Last I knew personal choice was still an option in this country.
Go get em Newmike.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

You are correct whaler everyone has a choice just wouldn't be mine.  Hopefully he doesn't go enough to get caught in that one unpredictable situation that will eventually happen on Ontario if you spend enough time there.  The bottom of the lake is littered with small boats not motorcycles.  God bless all the fisherman and hope everyone returns safely. And remember the weather reports are always 100% accurate!