Mexico/Catfish creek Aug. 16,17,18

1 hour ago, elrodalonzo said:

You are correct whaler everyone has a choice just wouldn't be mine.  Hopefully he doesn't go enough to get caught in that one unpredictable situation that will eventually happen on Ontario if you spend enough time there.  The bottom of the lake is littered with small boats not motorcycles.  God bless all the fisherman and hope everyone returns safely. And remember the weather reports are always 100% accurate!

Betcha he is a liberal from one of the big cities, wears a mask and had the shots three times.

I am going to try to keep this friendly  And explain myself.  I don't mind danger and excitement I enjoy them. there are typically type a and type B personalities, I am a type A personality. I like excitement and adrenalynn.  I like jumping off cliffs, jumping out of airplanes and running around lake Ontario in the 16th foot boat.  There are those of us who Climb mount Everest and choose to do space exploration. Some people just can't understand the ways of Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson. I would rather die at the bottom of lake Ontario than in a wheelchair in a nursing home. Bear cat and El rodAlonzo I hope you enjoy your stay there. My grandchildren will say that grandpa  Was out there doing things living life out loud.and hopefully I'll inspire them to step out beyond the normal bounds of things  And not be afraid to take risks.  And because of this I do not think I deserve to be called stupid.  I am 67 years old and have lived an adventurous life always and I survived not because I'm stupid but because I am probably way above average intelligence. The stupid people that have lived my life style are dead. That's not to say I have a death wish, I definitely want to live one more day and catch 1 more fish but I'm not going to let the fact that I don't have a big boat stop me. Some people should just stay on the porch and not get off and run with the big dogs, and thats ok.  I don't need the  Line for the roller coaster getting any longer.  And I would like to thank everybody that took the time to insult me.

20210731_150402.jpg

Edited by newmike
  • Like 1

It's not so much your risking trouble but think of the firemen who may have risk their lives rescuing  you.

I've been on this lake 40 years and know you can never be sure on wind and weather. 

Buy yourself a safe boat

I don't go out in high winds or hurricanes so I doubt there be much life risking to  Fetch me. And actually those guys love a rescue that's what they Signed up for...... Action. You think them and the coast guard just like sitting in the house?  I say that because I have a young friend that just retired from the coast guard And he's all about action. And like I said " I have people that Love me and will come get me"  I check in with somebody every night when I come in, They have a very large boat, if I don't come in, they come looking for me.  Any questions?

Edited by newmike

Mike,

I apologize if you took my comments to heart I did not mean them to do that. You can do as you choose I'm all for that just not for me. I admire your desire to die in the outdoors I wish the same for myself you will never see me in a nursing home. I'm just not one for unnecessary risks at my age maybe earlier in my life. Your choices are entirely your own and I respect that. But as far as everyone's psychic ability....well stick to fishing. I'm a lifelong republican, Trump supporter from a very small town. I hope you accept my apology and we all get back to fishing. I've fished Ontario for over 40 years although not as much as some of you guys I'm sure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, elrodalonzo said:

Mike,

I apologize if you took my comments to heart I did not mean them to do that. You can do as you choose I'm all for that just not for me. I admire your desire to die in the outdoors I wish the same for myself you will never see me in a nursing home. I'm just not one for unnecessary risks at my age maybe earlier in my life. Your choices are entirely your own and I respect that. But as far as everyone's psychic ability....well stick to fishing. I'm a lifelong republican, Trump supporter from a very small town. I hope you accept my apology and we all get back to fishing. I've fished Ontario for over 40 years although not as much as some of you guys I'm sure.

I like happy endings, my take on Elrodlonzo was just good advice  concerning the dangers of Lake O. lets all be safe out there, tight lines everyone. (Although this year kinda of sucked fishing wise). Newmike good luck, I am out of catfish too and have your back brother.:yes:

Newmike, and PD Buoy, I'm out of catfish creek as well. Small boater  18' smoker craft phantom and a 19'6 Monark king depending on who wants to tow the boat up from north jersey. We get up there a few times a year, great place to stay and easy access to the lake . Wally and Cheryl are good people. Good luck with the new boat newmike, maybe we'll see you up there next year.