Shooting Range

invasahata

Any good walk up options at a nearby shooting range? I am in Fairport but hunt in the Southern Tier. My son will start his hunting journey this year so I want to be sure he is ready. Not sure we are good candidates for a membership as we just need to dial in before each hunting season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There is On Target  Firearms on Basket Rd in Webster, or The Firing Pin in Bergen. Check their websites for info. for inexperienced shooters. Does he have any time under his belt or brand new to firearms? Will make a difference in what they will offer.

I don't know much information on it, but I believe there is some private pheasant hunting club with a range (up to 600 or 1k yards I believe).  I think you need to make an appointment and pay, but from what I remember it was cheap, like $10/hr.  Pheasants on the flats.  Give em a call for more info.

https://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/business/pheasants-on-the-flats/

There is On Target  Firearms on Basket Rd in Webster, or The Firing Pin in Bergen. Check their websites for info. for inexperienced shooters. Does he have any time under his belt or brand new to firearms? Will make a difference in what they will offer.

Thanks! He is experienced with all implements via scouts etc. I have stayed busy searching for good options. Just not a ton out there that beats me driving the 75 minutes to our hunting spot to set up a target.

I don't know much information on it, but I believe there is some private pheasant hunting club with a range (up to 600 or 1k yards I believe).  I think you need to make an appointment and pay, but from what I remember it was cheap, like $10/hr.  Pheasants on the flats.  Give em a call for more info.

https://www.ultimatepheasanthunting.com/business/pheasants-on-the-flats/

Thanks for the lead!!

• 4 weeks later...