Boys are hoping to get out in the morning, I have to work. Doesn’t look very promising but who knows.
Curious to see what the blow does to the fishing. Guessing there could be some cold water on shore.
If the stars align could make for some interesting brown trout fishing on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went looking for browns this morning with my wife. Lines in at 730 in 50 foot of water and headed west. Had 60 degrees down 40 but as I moved west it got colder and the water color became less attractive.
Pulled a 180 and headed East and quickly found temp, color and a few fish.
Managed 3 browns but nothing over 8 pounds. As we got to Braddocks we popped two kings. One on a slide dipsy back 100 from the diver out 90 and one on a rigger parked at 30.
Nothing crazy but an enjoyable morning. IMG_3091.JPGIMG_3092.JPG

• Like 4

Lol Rick it was a nice morning.
Lots of big hooks in the bath water.
Not many boats fishing in tight, surprises me. Over the years a lot of big kings have been caught this time of year fishing for browns.

40 back on the riggers. All mag spoons, didn’t run anything else.
Love slide divers for shallow water fish.
Those long leads make a big difference.

Good deal, never even thought about a slide diver as a dipsey option for kings...makes good sense. My partner and I fished out of mexico last Sunday and went 2/3 on Kings, 1 of which was a standard size stinger 100' back on a rigger at 50 over 70', where we had 46 degree water. I'm really starting to warm up to that more of a stealthy subtle presentation when the bite is off.

• Like 1

Tried for browns twice last week. Tons of little guys this year, 2-3 lb. Twice on Saturday we had two fish on same rod with cheaters. Really good to see. These fish would be last years stockies which I witnessed being decimated by cormorants and fisherman. Apparently quite a few made it through the gauntlet. Also, caught 3, 6-8 inch kings on Sat and a couple the week before which is equally good news. I believe these kings would be this springs stockers. All fish released unharmed. Lite bite slide diver is nice for these little guys as it actually trips the release.