Help with Lowrance Hook 7xts: sonar settings?

chowder

Had this in a fishing kayak, seemed to do the job, used it for vertical jigging in up to 80 fow but not getting much detail at all using it to troll. When I go to Lowrance user manual online it shows a unit with a ‘menu’ button. Mine has no ‘menu’ button ( see picture ) and I can’t seem to figure out how to get into actual sonar settings like ping, clutter, etc. Anybody who’s got one and solved this issue let me know thanks 

B6CE4696-4AE3-4ABD-8DD3-ABA929831F72.jpeg

Chowder, here is a screen shot from the manual that lists the front panel buttons. The uppermost left button is the "Pages" menu. When you hit that, it should bring up a list of available pages at the bottom of the screen. Use the "Arrow" keys to scroll through the pages, and then hit button #5 to select. Once you have the screen you want selected, button #5 should take you into the settings menu. I have an Elite 7 and the buttons are different  as my menu button says "menu" and I have a separate "enter" button, but this button #5 on the Hook 7 is a dual function button. When you get into the sonar system menu, try setting the depth and sensitivity to "Auto" as a starting point. I'm not an expert here, but hope this helps.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 5.35.45 AM.png

Yeah, I tried using this manual but mine is an XTS - the X units were apparently a ‘value’ unit and I can’t get to any of the options listed for the sonar shown in the manual. I discovered after getting a used Navionics chip for it that the X units don’t support a chip and they have no preloaded background map. I’m thinking my options with this thing might be limited….

1 hour ago, regulator said:

Chowder, here is a screen shot from the manual that lists the front panel buttons. The uppermost left button is the "Pages" menu. When you hit that, it should bring up a list of available pages at the bottom of the screen. Use the "Arrow" keys to scroll through the pages, and then hit button #5 to select. Once you have the screen you want selected, button #5 should take you into the settings menu. I have an Elite 7 and the buttons are different  as my menu button says "menu" and I have a separate "enter" button, but this button #5 on the Hook 7 is a dual function button. When you get into the sonar system menu, try setting the depth and sensitivity to "Auto" as a starting point. I'm not an expert here, but hope this helps.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 5.35.45 AM.png

Thanks, yes I figured out how to move around in what options I was presented with. As I replied to the other poster I think the issue is that my unit is an XTS not the TS . It was a ‘value’ model and has no preloaded gps map , does not support a card and I cannot for the life of me access any serious sonar settings which in my mind probably is the case on a unit with no preloaded background map or ability to support a SD type. Oh well