So exactly why do those idiots running the cruisers think that fishermen should get out of their way??

Fishing between Carlton Island and the mainland can be rewarding BUT what is with those morons running the big boats through the area?  They come down on a smaller boat (20 foot) like they want to push us out of the way and then come so close that if I threw a water bottle I would hit them.  Every one I saw then proceeded to run down the shipping channel so why not run the channel AROUND Carlton and avoid Featherbed Shoal?  Little known fact:  it is against USCG regulations to pass within 100 feet of a vessel that is at rest if your boat is making more than idle speed.

Same issues here in the Narrows.

Simply put, no shortage of people who put their needs ahead of everyone else’s. I feel those values were taught to me by the generation that preceded me, and hope I have passed it along to those who will follow.

I’ll find it hard to resist the water bottle toss now that you’ve offered the suggestion, however,

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Always amazes me when they have the whole river and feel they have to run close by and throw a big wake. Not to thoughtful when I’m trolling by myself especially at night. I now always wear and inflatable vest.
Things sure have changed in the last 40 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...