Had planned to go out of Oz until I read about the closure, (Thanks Bigwalleye) . Then figured everyone from Oz would go to Mex, so instead we went up to Henderson to check out the Trench and then do a South troll toward the Salmon river. Found a ton of boats working Stony Point, but no rods or nets moving... Temp in the trench was bathwater 80 on top and 75 at the bottom. Made an attempt to head out of the mouth of the trench and was greeted by 4' swells, the wind was now south blowing right at us from the plant at Oswego, so we hung out around Stony washing lures and called it at 3. Better than mowing grass I guess.....

16 minutes ago, Lunderdog said:

Temp in the trench was bathwater 80 on top and 75 at the bottom.

We're seeing surface temps in The River of over 76 degrees.  It was 77 the other day out in front of Singer Castle.  Sounds like a lot of that hot water from the lake is washing downstream and staying up top.  It's also incredibly weedy on the surface.  Really hard to troll.  Is it weedy down there as well?

Grady

Fished Henderson for 12 days. 1st week only hooked and boated 3 salmon. 2nd week had one good evening. Hooked 4 and boated 3. Last day got one more. Its not what it used to be. I don't need a boat load of salmon but it used to be nice to get 2 or 3 a day. I don't believe the natural reproduction is going as good as they said it would and the stocking reductions has decreased the salmon significantly. The university was checking fish one afternoon and didn't have one fish to check. I'll have to do more bass fishing I guess.