New Dates!!!

JakeyBaby

I'm not a fan of the September gun season at all.  It will educate some deer and Does will 100% still be with fawns.  I'm all for the late holiday hunt and the 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset.

• Like 1

Everywhere I hunt and own land is in the September zone. While I don't think that it will make any more difference than small game or goose hunting to deer movement, I also think that it's a silly idea. They can't give away DMPs in those areas, for when you actually have a chance of finding a processor open or doing it yourself before it spoils. Try hanging a deer in this heat. Why in the world would I want to shoot a doe in September? We don't need an ad-douche-nal season. The biggest issue isn't a lack of open season, it's a lack of public land, and competition from iPhones lol.

Nevertheless, there will be does shot in September. Bucks too I bet. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Although,  I'm entirely on board with the September gun season. Lots of fawns still with mom and guns before bow is really going to stir $h!+ up!

So I just re read what I wrote!!! And I'm not sure what happened! But I meant to write I'm NOT  entirely on board with the September season!!! 

Still looking for .204 Hornadys

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have been finding 204 at runnings in brockport every once in awhile. If you end up not being able to get your hands on some, let me know. I have some for you guys

I hunt deer for meat. Not sport, fun, or trophies. All I care about is 4-5 medium sized does. I'll take a few from others too. I usually end up with 6-8 every year. I think if you need a gun in September you don't belong in the woods. This is stupid.....and it ruined my Adirondack hunt this fall. I loved the early black powder season up there but now just gonna take the easy way out and blast some does here. I don't like it at all but will take advantage of it. 

I have been finding 204 at runnings in brockport every once in awhile. If you end up not being able to get your hands on some, let me know. I have some for you guys

Thanks Manny that’s awesome

It is hard to pass up the urge to take an easy doe or two with a gun in September.

Depending on where you hunt you can be tactful about it by not getting into your core area and blowing things up.

Still undecided myself.