25 Years on Lake Ontario in Oswego I feel this was the worst weather year ever wind, waves, rain thunderstorms and as far as the salmon not great by far. I got some salmon but not like past years what do you guys think.

• Like 2

25 Years on Lake Ontario in Oswego I feel this was the worst weather year ever wind, waves, rain thunderstorms and as far as the salmon not great by far. I got some salmon but not like past years what do you guys think.

I totally agree. The wind was non stop 🛑. I had zero days when it wasn’t at least 3 footers.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

With 1 full week vaca in July, and 1 full week vaca in August - I only was able to get out on lake 4 times !

First time in 25 years we only got ONE Salmon in August !

Edited by Hot Soup
  • Like 2

I fish out of Sodus, weekdays only, on good weather days. This is my 6th year dry docking at Sodus. The weather/waves were brutal all year, may it next to impossible to plan more than the evening before! Normal year would be 12 to 14 days from J7 etc Labor Day, this year 6 only, with one of those being a blowoff at 10.

i target Kings so really can only comment on them, did not find as many fish or large Pods of fish, but my catch rate per hour was about like other years, just under one per Fishing hour.

i think we will continue to see fewer fish because of stocking cuts and the elimination of pen rearing in various ports

I have only been fishing the lake for 3 years. Seems to me like the wind is constant. It’s tough to get out. Fished the Sodus pro am and that was by far the worst weather I’ve ever been out in!! Loved every minute though. Fishing wasn’t bad the few times I made it out this year for me. Let’s hope next year Mother Nature stops acting a fool. 

I do not have much to compare really, I only make it out one long weekend each year usually end of July or early august. This was my 6th year fishing for salmon. First three years I was learning and no fish hawk. Fourth year got a fish hawk and did awesome. Was also summer of 2019 which I believe was an exceptional catch rate for everyone, and here I thought it was all the fish hawk… last summer managed a few and this summer never moved a rod on a salmon.

23 hours ago, Hot Soup said:

With 1 full week vaca in July, and 1 full week vaca in August - I only was able to get out on lake 4 times !

First time in 25 years we only got ONE Salmon in August !

I feel your pain, just got back from Mexico Bay, 2 salmon on Saturday then the wind was just relentless. Fishable in a 25 ft. Baha but NO fun, came home early, fish are scattered everywhere. Temps. all over the place. It will have to be next year for me. Good luck to everyone it has to get better.

Tough last 3 weekends of fishing Aug 21 - Sept 4, think we will target July next year.    Usually August pretty good for us not this year.  July was much better.  Probably one more trip in next couple weeks September has been good in prior years.

Normally fish out of Oswego.  Good luck out there.