" Fat Guy in a Little Boat "

On 9/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, Low Baller said:

Bugged out at noon today after getting soaked this morning. Looks like the action was out at the 100. Cruised the 70 for a couple hrs but got too sporty for me. Yesterday went 2 for 4 in 65 to 80. Managed to get 1 a piece for the weekend. Tough grind but had a great run.

Thanks for all your support guys. Shout out to all the folks who keep us safe and free! 

20210904_142311.jpg

20210904_191907.jpg

20210904_132917.jpg

One a piece for that weekend was pretty good in my opinion, I fished Saturday and Sunday morning and only boated one steelhead, not a lot of nets going in the water from my view and a ton of boats…talked to a few fisherman at Mexico launch and ones and twos seem to be the norm,,warm water to the bottom in the bay to about 80 feet didn’t help,,,hope no one was out on the lake on Monday when that storm blew about 50 mile an hour winds and hail, was a sight to see and bent my truck door backwards,,,crazy short storm and a boat flipper…

We we're lucky to get a full day in on Saturday. I love being on the lake but when she starts getting angry I'm gone. Found temp at 110 but Sunday morning was above my pay grade. Played with the mud sharks in the kiddy pool. All good. Might do a suicide run this weekend if she behaves herself. 

11 hours ago, Low Baller said:

We we're lucky to get a full day in on Saturday. I love being on the lake but when she starts getting angry I'm gone. Found temp at 110 but Sunday morning was above my pay grade. Played with the mud sharks in the kiddy pool. All good. Might do a suicide run this weekend if she behaves herself. 

I loved Saturday's weather and met you on the doc next to Mike's (briefly) before I left in my intent to go back out (ha ha)....sorry didn't realize who you were until I went by your boat lol.   I applaud your efforts, posts and small boat game.   Not long ago I was out there on days like Saturday in my 13'er.  I was fortunate enough to get 4 this Saturday going out morning / evening with my wife...and actually working as a team (this time).  Here's a pic of my Saturday evening with a nice dipsy fish I hooked .....with rod in hand when he hit as I was trying reel it in to a shorter length out.  Its not as fantastic as your 26 of course lol

image.thumb.png.67c06855af3da0ce03aeed0555a84c8a.png

Edited by Fat Trout
  • Like 1

It was great to bump into you again Fat Trout. Last Saturday was definitely a perfect day. Great pic!! We had a knock off doing the same thing, scared the crap out of my grandson Andrew. Makes you wonder how long that fish was following. 😆  We're making a run this weekend for a 911 memorial cruise. Maybe I'll see you there. 

Oh, ..you lost me on the 26? I don't think I've landed 26 salmon in my career on that rig.🤣

• Like 1

Heading up tomorrow morning for another go at it. Looks like the lady might give us a decent day Saturday. Conflicting wave forecasts as usual but looks like <1 with a few bumps thrown in. Can't catch em from the couch. I'll probe the 100+ Fri afternoon see what's going on. Would like to target fresh fish especially steel, but not above dragging the 50 for mud sharks. Be safe folks, head on a swivel. See you out there.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:57 AM, Low Baller said:

It was great to bump into you again Fat Trout. Last Saturday was definitely a perfect day. Great pic!! We had a knock off doing the same thing, scared the crap out of my grandson Andrew. Makes you wonder how long that fish was following. 😆  We're making a run this weekend for a 911 memorial cruise. Maybe I'll see you there. 

Oh, ..you lost me on the 26? I don't think I've landed 26 salmon in my career on that rig.🤣

Boy O boy Clarke.  That Fat Trout is Bad News! :rofl:

14 minutes ago, Hachimo said:

Boy O boy Clarke.  That Fat Trout is Bad News! :rofl:

Yep....don't trust that guy, he's a little nutty.  Good luck this weekend Clarke!  I'm probably not out this weekend since I'll be up the next month+ of weekends hitting the river or combat zone lake as conditions allow.  Post up so I can regret my decision!  I was referencing your 26# fish  posted earlier but glad I could create some confusion lol.  

Edited by Fat Trout

1 minute ago, Fat Trout said:

Yep....don't trust that guy, he's a little nutty.  Good luck this weekend Clarke!  I'm probably not out this weekend since I'll be up the next month+ of weekends hitting the river or combat zone lake as conditions allow.  Post upso I can regret my decision!  I was referencing your 26# fish  posted earlier but glad I could create some confusion lol.  

Mike's a menace to society.  

• Like 1