Oswego 9/5 - 9/11 Bigfoot II

No, fished 3 hours. Got bigger as we went. No releases, and my wife got terribly sick for the first time. So, not a great start, but days to go still. Off tomorrow with the big blow forecasted. Tuesday looks great, and the rest of the week fish able. We'll see what happens!

L.J.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok... Well, after 3 tries to launch but finding water coming over the breakwater, and a smoking left front brake pad on the truck that took a couple hours to fix... a d a motor that quit at the dock after firing.... to find a loose battery cable... and our overhead rod rack tearing partially out.... AND my 83 year old father falling down in the boat trying to fix said rack... We are finlaay set up 6 wide (4 riggers, 2 dipseys) in 106 FOW...

Nothing yet....

L.J.

Well, ended up zip. Beautiful afternoon/night, but zero hookups. I can say there were two spots we marked a ton of fish. 120 FOW - glued to the bottom, but there. As we headed into the front gate, from 95 FOW to 84 FOW, you could have walked on fish, feeding on bait pods, from 40-85 FOW. I mean absolutely stacked. Crazy good. It was just too late for us to work the area.

L.J.

Run the meat!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Meat hasn’t worked for us in weeks. For us it’s been Spin Dr’s and mag spoons.
Mostly mag spoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Dipseys w flasher/meat did it for us over the weekend out in front of the Salmon river. Didn't crush them but 4 out of our 6 fish came on meat dipseys. Did 2 on F/F off the riggers, and never had a bite on spoons.

• Like 1

The temp was very deep since mon 
Sat up was 48 75 dn.bite was gteat

Temp is down 120-140.
Ff 140 down over 200 fow has been picking us up some fish. Slow pick but at least there are some active fish. Mexico bay was stuffed with fish yesterday morning but they were not hungry.
Also picking up a couple in the willow hole on salmon river when its too rough to get on the lake. Not great but some fish around.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

Oswego and the Bay fishing have been heavy on Flasher Flys.  Hammers behind White Green dots.  41s behind white green dots and green trees.  In the sun Pig Pen with the Big Fin behind it.  These combos have been the go to's the last couple weeks.

the green dot flasher and hammer fly combo is working again?  That old go-to has been gathering cobwebs. Glad it’s back!  The black edge/glow slick SD with an A-Tom-mik hypnotist combo has been working as has meat rigs fished off smaller 8” protrolls. 

9 hours ago, Gill-T said:

the green dot flasher and hammer fly combo is working again?  That old go-to has been gathering cobwebs. Glad it’s back!  The black edge/glow slick SD with an A-Tom-mik hypnotist combo has been working as has meat rigs fished off smaller 8” protrolls. 

Again??  It does not stop.  KISS... Also I am trying to help him with east end combos.  Stop throwing your Niagara water color combos in this conversation... Yes it is different!! :)

Well, for the first time in 16 years, we didn't even lose a fish, nevermind catch one. Fish or not, I got to spend the week with my Dad, which doesn't happen often with him in Plattsburgh, and us down in North Carolina. 83 this past July, it was a tough week on him physically, and likely his last trip here. It kills me we couldn't get him one more, but Lake O has given us a lot of great adventures, mishaps, crazy fish stories and yes... and some amazing days catching fish. He can drive me crazy at times, but I love him, and thank him for taking me fishing when I was probably too young to even be on a boat and instilling in me a lifetime love of fishing!

Thanks Dad... A few photos from over the years... _MG_7735.jpg20210907_173143.jpg2014%20Sept%209%20(38%20of%2038).jpgIMG_5282.jpg20180905_101607.jpg20180905_154651.jpg20180905_135335.jpg2014%20Sept%209%20(5%20of%2038).jpg20170902_185747.jpg

• Like 2