Oswego 9/5 - 9/11 Bigfoot II

Also... Thank you to everyone here over the years. While I've never meet any of you in person, you've made us feel like part of the Lake O family, and given a lot of great advice and lots of great stories to get the blood pumping before our trips each year. Special thanks when our boat troubles limited us to one afternoon in 2019. It was amazing how many people here reached out to us to offer assistance getting on the water. Good luck, much love, and tight lines to all!

L.J.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Back on the tackle talk above... Probably have caught 80 percent of our salmon on two flies... Original Hammer fly on any green PT or SD, and the white Halo, on a white and chrome SD. No matter how many other green, white, or other color combos we've tried (spoons included) , nothing matched those two for us. So weird...

L.J.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Other good baits to try this time of year that are proven.  Green glow #4 J plug with a black ladder back in clouds and waning light.  Silver Bloody nose J #4 in the sun.  Make the bloody nose a little bigger with red nail polish.  Or if all you can find is a silver j plug you can make the red nose.  30 to 40 back off the rigger or on a copper is a good start.

I used to always have a hammer fly/ green dot white board out for kings but once the lake cleared a little after the hard ‘14-‘15 winters, that combo died for me on the west end. I have those combos sitting in bags waiting to go back in the water when conditions warrant. This warm summer and another mild winter and I will be getting them wet again. White halo with glow beads is always a great idea in low light.