Took my son, Keith and His son out for one last shot at placing an LOC fish.  We started the morning in 90' looking for kings and had a blast with them until 9am.  we took a bunch of matures and two decent browns.  50-65 down on spoons and meat.  Not a sniff on flies.  The boys started getting bored when the king bite slowed around 9 so we slid in looking for an LOC brown.  12 browns hit the floor in the 2 hours we had left.  Biggest brown was a little over 10lbs.  Lots of small browns around.  I know guys were worried about the lack of small browns this spring but I have caught more small browns this summer than I ever have.  1-5lb browns are plentiful.  I would say the 6-9lb class seems to be a little thin.  One more trip and the season will be done for us.  The Escape is going up for sale and I'm taking a possible buyer out on that last trip.  
IMG_0211.JPGIMG_0212.JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Nice! Glad you are staying away from those green fish. What is next? Tiara?

Not sure yet.  27 tiara open or a Baha 277 GLE are my two favorites.  Once the Fall LOC starts, the lake trout gear comes home.  NO sense beating them up when the derby doesn't have a division anymore.  

Edited by GAMBLER