Cayuga silvers help

Hi all. Looking for some advice on Cayuga for the fall.

I have no issues finding Lakers. Doesn’t seem like anyone does. I’m having trouble getting anything but Lakers. Spring and early summer I can find salmon and rainbows, but August-September I have issues getting them. Anyone have any advice on where to look? I chase bait and temps all over the place and still can’t get away from lake trout.

Thanks!

10 hours ago, kempie said:

if you are catching lakers  you might need to troll a little faster to catch rainbows. use small bright colored lures such as michigan stinger stingray or michigan stinger standard size and target 30-50 ft of water. good luck.

Agreed.  Stealth helps on the equation too.  Longer flouro leaders and if you have them, set a leadcore or copper line off a planer board or try a slide diver to get the presentation away from the boat.  Compared to the lake trout they are a challenge but worth the extra effort.

if you are catching lakers  you might need to troll a little faster to catch rainbows. use small bright colored lures such as michigan stinger stingray or michigan stinger standard size and target 30-50 ft of water. good luck.
Did you mean stinger scorpions instead of stinger stingrays?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The trick with rainbows is bright colors like pinks, watermelon, reds & others bright colors. Kick your speed up like 2.5 to 2.7 do not troll in a straight line & do not be afraid to troll over very deep water also stay in the upper fifty feet also do not be afraid to use cheaters. keep line back 75 to 100 feet back of your boat with a least 10 of fluorocarbon line.

• Like 1