Always have mostly fished for browns soon as ice is out in shallower water.  Then later on,  however .  
But question is specifically for Fall browns prior to spawning.  Since Browns spawn in October-November,  and looking to get into select streams/rivers can trolling be effective on the lake during this time?  Never done before.  Same patterns?  speeds?  Will they take spoons?  We would go out of Stoney.  I believe they MAY spawn up Stoney but not certain.   Or we'd find a nice contour marking fish and hope to get them cruising to SR or wherever. 
Any insight is helpful.  Thanks.  

Fish them like you fished them in spring.  Tributaries mouths are good places to start.  Some browns do not run tributaries and stay in the lake too.  Right now the water is still too warm and the browns are still where the thermal cline intersects the bottom.  Once the lake surface temp gets into the low to mid 60's they will be in around the shoreline in good numbers.  

• Like 2

I have found it tougher to fish for browns in the late fall. Once the water cools down they could be anywhere. I find them harder to turn in September and October before the make their way upstream. That said I have had good days. As the post above mentions, river mouths are always a good starting point. Spoons and stickbaits.

• Like 1